New to the forum - not new to Mustangs... (pics inside!)

Xar

Jul 31, 2018
Southern Oregon
Howdy all -

Decided to join a new forum to talk about mustang (one of my favorite subjects) - and found this one!

I'm a guy in my (late...) 40's living in Southern Oregon (SF Bay Area transplant 9 years ago for work). Bay Area living did not really cooperate with my desire for a Mustang, so back in 2012 I was lucky enough to find a beautiful Gotta Have It Green mustang GT premium, purchased that brand new, and honestly - the smiles per mile, and total smileage with that car was simply amazing. Unfortunately back in June some 20 year old girl ran a stop sign and smashed into my right front wheel well / fender... She had a cat in her lap and obviously wasn't paying attention... I was able to avoid her slamming into the passenger side of the car where my 12 year old was sitting, but none-the-less -- the car ended up being totaled with nearly $19,000 worth of damages and sub-frame replacement required (it's a bolt on they told me) - glad they totaled it, I really didn't want to drive around in a car that had that much damage to it...

In the end, insurance came through with a good offer, and it all went down on a brand new, 2018 Lightning Blue Metallic GT Premium with the Performance Pack 1 (I went with the auto this time around, not really regretting it, but I do miss the manual)... I have the active exhaust, premium audio and nav - bought it off the lot as I was out of time on the rental and they just happened to have a car I wanted...

Had to put in "bumper plugs" and remove the front plate, those seem to work out nicely - and are in the pics below...

The old "Sad Green Mustang"...

Sad Green Mustang.jpg

And the new Mustang - taken this morning - it is VERY smokey here...

IMG_1588.JPG

IMG_1591.JPG

IMG_1592.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)