• Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech

new tune with headers

  • Thread starter Thread starter beecha91
  • Start date Start date Nov 24, 2007

beecha91

Founding Member
Sep 18, 2001
751
1
17
Bartlett, IL (Near Chicago)
Nov 24, 2007
#1
  • Nov 24, 2007
  • #1
Hey guys,

If I just get shortys over my mods now will I need a tune or I will be okay? Thanks

Don-
 

DarkFireGT

Playing with my wife's really makes me want one.
10 Year Member
May 23, 2004
692
10
89
East Moline, IL
Nov 24, 2007
#2
  • Nov 24, 2007
  • #2
With shorties you shouldn't NEED a tune, but your car would benefit from it. If you buy the shorties from Brenspeed, Brent will update your tune for free.
 

Casey4s

New Member
Sep 1, 2007
147
0
0
Woodbridge, VA
Nov 24, 2007
#3
  • Nov 24, 2007
  • #3
I have the FRPP shorties and no tune was needed... I would definatly go with long tubes if I had it to do over again though.

EDIT: Actually i did my headers, CAI and Diablo tune all in the same weekend so I guess I can't say I didn't tune it but it was the canned performance tune
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

O
WTB Looking for an SCT X4 tuner for my 2005
  • optionizerSS
  • Jun 8, 2026
  • Want to Buy
Replies
0
Views
117
Want to Buy Jun 8, 2026
optionizerSS
O
Tunerstudio help / services
  • Kabuki_notch
  • Apr 26, 2026
  • Digital Self-tuning Forum
Replies
2
Views
338
Digital Self-tuning Forum May 2, 2026
Mustang5L5
W
Dipstick
  • wccurtis1963
  • Jun 13, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
5
Views
219
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jun 20, 2026
Willybill32
M
93 5.0 Microsquirt with Stage 3 trickflow tuning issues
  • marxpreston11
  • Jun 22, 2026
  • Digital Self-tuning Forum
  • 2 3 4
Replies
68
Views
2K
Digital Self-tuning Forum Sep 16, 2026
Qtrhrse23
J
Help - SCT Woes
  • James banks
  • Jan 29, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
4
Views
460
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Feb 2, 2026
squeak93
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?