• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-

New Valve Covers

  • Thread starter Thread starter ike34
  • Start date Start date Jan 15, 2010
I

ike34

Member
Jan 16, 2004
156
12
19
Waterloo, IA
Jan 15, 2010
#1
  • Jan 15, 2010
  • #1
Got new valve covers today, I know I dont have a Boss 302 but I think they are going to look good when I get my Tubular GT-40 intake powdercoated to match.




Anybody know of any good powdercoaters in or around Iowa?
 
J

JustaMustangguy

New Member
Aug 14, 2009
94
0
0
Jan 15, 2010
#2
  • Jan 15, 2010
  • #2
Its really no different then putting a Saleen body kit on a GT. As long as you like it, thats all that matters. I suggest searching in your phone book. There has to be a shop around you even if you are in a small town. I get all my stuff done locally. Good luck.
 

foxmustangman

Member
Jun 20, 2007
196
1
16
Idaho
Jan 17, 2010
#3
  • Jan 17, 2010
  • #3
Those are sick! And they'll fit with the EFI Intake?
 

rbonella

Member
Dec 15, 2008
409
6
19
@ home
Jan 17, 2010
#4
  • Jan 17, 2010
  • #4
Those will look cool with a gt40 intake, might need a spacer. Powdercoaters in IA...try customcoaters.com, Valley Industrial Powder Coating in Rock Valley IA. or Rainbow Paint & Blasting Inc. in Cedar Rapids IA. They are all good shops. I'm from Omaha and have used Valley Industrial before.
 
I

ike34

Member
Jan 16, 2004
156
12
19
Waterloo, IA
Jan 17, 2010
#5
  • Jan 17, 2010
  • #5
foxmustangman said:
Those are sick! And they'll fit with the EFI Intake?
Click to expand...

Im pretty sure I have to run a spacer, but Im running a 1 inch so I dont think I should have clearence problems with the intake, I just have to figure out how much clearence I have for breathers. Since they are made for non efi cars.
 

mob

the guy who hits on his mom
20+ Year Stangneter
Oct 3, 2003
2,566
136
104
Dallas, TX
Jan 17, 2010
#6
  • Jan 17, 2010
  • #6
I do believe they make caps for those v/c? You can just run two caps. They look real nice though.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

F
86 notch NEED HELP!!!!
  • foxbody86
  • Jul 8, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
134
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 9, 2026
Noobz347
B
Front brakes not releasing
  • Boats90GT
  • Sep 15, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
9
Views
237
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 16, 2026
AeroCoupe
speedmaster new 302 block?
  • rednotch
  • Aug 9, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
29
Views
679
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 16, 2026
rednotch
S
Fox Another try for the European guy to get his first Fox
  • Schargedfox
  • Aug 3, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
10
Views
324
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 4, 2026
DadLife0724
O
Sooty/Oily Front Engine & Pulleys
  • ozenator
  • Jun 15, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
12
Views
403
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jun 22, 2026
Blackhawkxx
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?