Newbie here thinking of buying a 95 Mustang, need advice!

Gavalily

Jul 13, 2009
Hi there, thanks for looking. I'm not sure this is the right place to post, please let me know if not.

We are going to look at a 1995 mustang and could use some help from someone with experience.

Here are the car details:

The Ad

$2200 OBO ~ PRICED TO SELL!!

1995 Ford Mustang
* Metallic silver body with no rust. THIS IS A BEAUTIFUL CAR!
* 3.8-liter, V-6 engine with only 102,000 miles. Well maintained and cared for, oil always changed. Factory-recalled head gasket was replaced at 80,000 miles.
* New coil pack and brake lines.
* Ice cold AC
* All power options.
* Clean interior in excellent condition.

When I called I was told it needs rear brakes and possibly "lower ball joints" (I'm a girl, I don't know what those are!)
I was also told it has a check engine light because of "cam sensor" but her husband has the part to fix this.

It is in great shape inside and out just by looking at it, but mechanically does this sound like a good deal? We need a second car because my dh drives to work 40 miles each way and our new car is racking up too many miles.

Thanks so much for any help.

• Sponsors (?)

the lower ball joints connect the lower control arm to the spindle/upright. its a pretty critical suspension component, however not terribly expensive to install.

the cam sensor on the 3.8 is what the distrubuter used to be. if he has the part, then its fairly easy to install, they usually start making a chirping noise, then when they go out it dumps nylon chunks into the motor.

that being said, for the price its a good deal. i would try to get an independent technician or else a dealer to give it a once over to make sure everything is kosher before buying.