Newbie Questions

Dooode!, ja kneed neon to illuminate the ego's ya just drove over with all dem fast stickers. Aalso , da fastes stikurs is da onz nobudy heard of! Yer kar'l be soo fast you better put an altimeter in for safe flights!

Well, you can start out by trying to be as cool as the 5.0 guys and do the following:
Get a big ole cowl hood even though you don't need the extra room for your stock intake manifold.
Get 18" wheels and don't upgrade the brakes.
Put a huge tach on the dash that goes up to 10,000 rpm, even though you only shift at 5,500.
Get ya some 4.56 gears so you can spin them tires a whole 12" inches before you have to shift to second.
You gota have a cobra emblem on the fenders!
Learn how to talk your way out of racing a 4 cylinder turbo mustang.
You gota get some flow master mufflers so you can sound exactly like your friends.
Put an 80 mm throttle body and a 90 mm mass air on your stock engine.
Brag about your 255 high flow fuel pump, but omit the fact that you have stock fuel lines.
Learn how to put over 6 thousand dollars into a stroker 302, engine work and power adders, only to be limited by the factory block's 500 hp limit.

My vote is for getting that huge bass sound system. The sub in the back's gotta give ya at least a good 5 foot extra bounce off the launch....

Oh, and the ground effects...Neon, all the way....

If ya can't beat em...blind em...

You got there number on that one Mike, but here they have started using the S.V.O hoods off the turbo 2.3L instead of the 4" cowl.

Pro-Hawk said:
You got there number on that one Mike, but here they have started using the S.V.O hoods off the turbo 2.3L instead of the 4" cowl.
yeah no joke
I had the cobra R SVO hood on my coupe and with the intake and the breather on the windsor the filter sat up in the scoop and the cowl perfectly. It wasn't 2 weeks later I saw 2 different people with the same hood on stock efi cars with non functional scoop or cowl.

Everybody around here knows me for playing with the 2.3. I was actually trying to squeeze everything under a stock hood and say it was a 2.3