• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech

Next Mod?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Charged 96 GT
  • Start date Start date Apr 24, 2004
C

Charged 96 GT

New Member
Apr 14, 2004
57
0
0
Upstate SC
Apr 24, 2004
#1
  • Apr 24, 2004
  • #1
I have about 400-500 to spend mods are in sig
 

KaPPaBaLL

New Member
Nov 28, 2003
1,326
0
0
BAYAREA
Apr 24, 2004
#2
  • Apr 24, 2004
  • #2
PI heads
 
C

Charged 96 GT

New Member
Apr 14, 2004
57
0
0
Upstate SC
Apr 25, 2004
#3
  • Apr 25, 2004
  • #3
Were do you get these PI heads?
 
R

Roger_4.6_96

Founding Member
Jul 16, 2002
1,209
0
0
Reno,NV
Apr 25, 2004
#4
  • Apr 25, 2004
  • #4
Cheapest place to get them is ebay but your gonna need some 1 to install them. so your 400 - 500 would be gone. plus you would need more
 
C

Charged 96 GT

New Member
Apr 14, 2004
57
0
0
Upstate SC
Apr 25, 2004
#5
  • Apr 25, 2004
  • #5
Installation is not a problem my best friend works at a Ford dealership
 

JonJon

Founding Member
Aug 16, 2002
4,801
1
68
back in Marylands
Apr 25, 2004
#6
  • Apr 25, 2004
  • #6
Charged 96 GT said:
Installation is not a problem my best friend works at a Ford dealership
Click to expand...
maybe he can get you PI heads at a good price too then...
 
C

Charged 96 GT

New Member
Apr 14, 2004
57
0
0
Upstate SC
Apr 25, 2004
#7
  • Apr 25, 2004
  • #7
Are PI heads 99+ GT heads? Where can I get more info on these heads? Thanks
 

Dark Knight GT

I can't get it up......ok that didn't sound right.
May 26, 2003
3,653
2
56
Ozark, Missouri
Apr 25, 2004
#8
  • Apr 25, 2004
  • #8
Yes, the PI heads are the ones found on the 99+ Mustang GT's. I dont think you're going to be able to get them for 400-500 dollars. Besides, even if you do get them I wouldnt put them in by theirselves. I'de get them ported and polished. Probably have a valve job done with stainless steel valves and then add some nice Comp Cams to the combo.
 
C

Charged 96 GT

New Member
Apr 14, 2004
57
0
0
Upstate SC
Apr 25, 2004
#9
  • Apr 25, 2004
  • #9
Well what about adding some SHM or VT blower cams to the stock heads? When should I start to be concerned with the injectors?
 

Dark Knight GT

I can't get it up......ok that didn't sound right.
May 26, 2003
3,653
2
56
Ozark, Missouri
Apr 25, 2004
#10
  • Apr 25, 2004
  • #10
Charged 96 GT said:
Well what about adding some SHM or VT blower cams to the stock heads? When should I start to be concerned with the injectors?
Click to expand...

I was going to say, I wouldnt do any work to the cylinder heads without getting new cams nor would I bother with cam work unless if I was going to rebuild the heads. While doing one, might as well do the other while youre in there. As for the injectors, once you pass every single bolt-on possible and start talking about internal work or boost, then you want to uprgrade to larger injectors. For just bolt-ons, the stock 19lb. injectors should be fine.
 
C

Charged 96 GT

New Member
Apr 14, 2004
57
0
0
Upstate SC
Apr 25, 2004
#11
  • Apr 25, 2004
  • #11
I have about 10psi of boost now
 

Dark Knight GT

I can't get it up......ok that didn't sound right.
May 26, 2003
3,653
2
56
Ozark, Missouri
Apr 25, 2004
#12
  • Apr 25, 2004
  • #12
Charged 96 GT said:
I have about 10psi of boost now
Click to expand...

Ok. In that case, I'de look into getting the 99+ cylinder heads, have them ported and polished, get a custom valve job w/ stainless steel valves, competition springs, and a set of blower cams. Contact Tim(Cobra Killer is his username). He should really be able to help you out. Go to www.modularfordpowerhouse.com for more info. on what he offers.
 

KaPPaBaLL

New Member
Nov 28, 2003
1,326
0
0
BAYAREA
Apr 25, 2004
#13
  • Apr 25, 2004
  • #13
Charged 96 GT said:
I have about 10psi of boost now
Click to expand...
and you'll be spending way more than $500
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

N
Mods
  • newmex999
  • Yesterday at 8:48 AM
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
1
Views
39
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Yesterday at 2:01 PM
Noobz347
J
I just joined
  • JK.
  • Sep 18, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
  • 2
Replies
35
Views
656
The Welcome Wagon Sep 29, 2026
JK.
J
Engine Standard or hi flow water pump?
  • AnthonyA1234
  • Sep 28, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
15
Views
246
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Saturday at 5:23 PM
highplace11
H
M
Electrical 93 5.0 No Injector Pulse
  • machinermac
  • Jul 26, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
15
Views
381
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Aug 1, 2026
Willybill32
O
WTB Looking for an SCT X4 tuner for my 2005
  • optionizerSS
  • Jun 8, 2026
  • Want to Buy
Replies
0
Views
119
Want to Buy Jun 8, 2026
optionizerSS
O
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?