No Barom. Press. Sens. Found

imp

Mustang Master
Jul 13, 2017
'94 GT 5.0, M.T., owned 4 months now. Happy in every way, except fuel economy (LACK of it!). I am unable to find a BPS anywhere. Where were they mounted in SN95s? Do I NOT have one? Hard to imagine. If it was discarded, I'll find out when I drive from here (alt. 550 ft.) to Flagstaff, alt. 7000.

I recall vividly crossing the Rockies in Colorado back in the '60s, seeing semis and fuel tank trucks struggling up the mountain grades, huge columns of black smoke billowing. I was driving my new, '65 K-car, with 3.89 gears, and zipped around those trucks easily. Still, I felt distinctly the lesser power available due to the altitude. Loveland Pass had snow on the ground in July! The Eisenhower (?) Tunnel bypassing the summit had not yet been completed. imp

• Sponsors (?)

There isn't a replaceable sensor on the SN95 Mustangs. There's a pressure sensor integrated on the logic board in the ECU
Far out! So that explains those tiny square "air holes" in the side? Interesting, as air pressure outside of the PCM increases, air must flow into the PCM case, carrying with it whatever crap was in it. imp