No Change....

MY 85 GT

10 Year Member
Mar 7, 2008
New Jersey
Ok no updates well kinda some...I changed the tps and a new Iac...set them did the base idle re-set..car runs much better but still no change on hot re-starts...I also talked a PSI he suggested changing the o2s since I have no idea how old they were...So I bought 2 new ones changed them old like I said car runs great it seems so much more responsive now..but still does the HOT surging on Re-start,..i guess its beyond on limits of fixing it so its that time to put the car aside and see what my next attack on getting this fixed is....I might just take it to PSI for a re-tune and have him find the problem...

• Sponsors (?)

i believe there is a way of energizing the injectors to see how hey respond, check a shop manual for more information on that, its been a while since i studied testing injectors.

Last set I had tested/cleaned was 12$ per injector and wound up finding 2 leaky injectors! Paradise Racing in MD did them for me. Had them back within a week.

Reactions: 1 user
Would a leaky injector cause a hot re-start issue tho?...Oh these are 42lb injectors..from on3 and I heard bad things about them but they have been good if there even bad...lol...they have been on the car almost 3yrs now...but can an injector go bad or leak suddenly?

Would a leaky injector cause a hot re-start issue tho?...Oh these are 42lb injectors..from on3 and I heard bad things about them but they have been good if there even bad...lol...they have been on the car almost 3yrs now...but can an injector go bad or leak suddenly?

yes a leaky injector can cause the problem you have, and yes they can go bad quickly.