No fuel pressure reading

apspainting

Mar 7, 2014
My son has a 02 gt vert. Ran good until the transmission started acting up so parted it. 2 mths later the car barely starts and can give it gas without it stalling. Po190 code but swapped it our with my 00 gt one just to see. No change. I put in a new fuel pump 10mths ago along with fuel inline filter. I just changed the inline and cleaned out fuel rail and injectors. No change. Hook up a fuel pressure gauge and before start up shows 0 and after start up 0 even if given gas. Am I looking at changing the fuel pump agai. If I'm getting no pressure to the test gauge? Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

So I take it your 2002 has a two line fuel system and a schrader valve
You pull the schrader valve out and hit the key
No gas comes out?
Check inertia switch then power to the pump with the key on and off a few times
Did you replace the pump sender assembly or just the pump?
Sometimes the wiring through the sender fails

If this is a stock '02, it has only one feed to the rail. These are returnless style systems. The CCRM supplies power to the Inertia Switch and then triggers the Fuel Pump Driver Module to activate ON/OFF pump. If you want to test the pump by itself, you can by-pass the FPDM and use a jumper to activate the pump to make sure it's working. Curious how you're reading fuel pressure, using a scanner??

The GRN/YEL wire at the Inertia Switch should be HOT when the key is ON. If not, you have issues between that and/or the CCRM or the Battery Power Fuse block, which has the fuel pump relay and fuse that sends power to the CCRM. Yes, only Ford can make it complicated.

Reading the fuel pressure with the NGS
The one line systems use a fuel pressure transducer
That is the pid the computer uses to figure out the needed fuel pump duty cycle, to maintain fuel pressure
You be reading the transducer pid not the actual fuel pressure

I attached a fuel gauge at the valve and got nothing at all before and after turning the key. I changed out the whole assembly in the tank not just the pump.
Have you done a test by-passing the CCRM, Relay and Inertia to verify the pumps working and supplying pressure? Hot wire it and find out, then you can start figuring out what is going on step by step.