No one here likes that there hockey ey?

it's fun to watch, even though I have no idea what's going on

Really? IMO, Hockey makes more sense than American/Canadian style football, there seems to be a million rules there. Hockey is as simple as getting the puck into the opponent's nets, though I'll admit even I get confused with some of the penalties or more specific rules at times.
 
Really? IMO, Hockey makes more sense than American/Canadian style football, there seems to be a million rules there. Hockey is as simple as getting the puck into the opponent's nets, though I'll admit even I get confused with some of the penalties or more specific rules at times.
But when you grow up with football and have played it since you were in grade school like me, it's far easier to understand than something you weren't exposed to at all until you were in your 20's. Where I grew up, hockey was the sport of the elite upper middle class and high society as far as the youth scene was concerned and since we didn't have an NHL team, but we do have MLB, NFL, and NBA teams, that's what I grew up with on TV.
 
Like I said, it's about where you grew up. If I grew up in Detroit, I'd probably be a diehard hockey nut. Same goes if I grew up anywhere in Canada :D But Cleveland, Ohio wasn't a hockey hotbed when I was growing up in the '80s. I wanted to play junior hokey when I was in junior high, but the closest rink with a league was 1/2 an hour away and was really expensive so my parents said no. With no hockey on TV and not playing it as a youth to learn the game, my interests turned elsewhere. I was already a football and baseball nut, I wanted hockey to be my winter sport since I didn't care for basketball or wrestling. As it turned out, I got into skiing since we did have ski club.
 
Really? IMO, Hockey makes more sense than American/Canadian style football, there seems to be a million rules there. Hockey is as simple as getting the puck into the opponent's nets, though I'll admit even I get confused with some of the penalties or more specific rules at times.
I understand that part... it's all the icing and going behind the lines etc I don't understand. I never experienced hockey until maybe my 2nd year of college!