• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech

o2 sensor wiring

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tyler16
  • Start date Start date Aug 18, 2009
T

Tyler16

New Member
Jul 29, 2009
39
0
0
Aug 18, 2009
#1
  • Aug 18, 2009
  • #1
So my left o2 sensor wouldnt work so i swaped the harness on each senser and it still says left side lean. So I have a wiring problem. I can trace the red/black wire all the way to the computer. But I have no idea where the power, ground, and the vref run to. Can anybody help?
 

BlownFiveLiter

have car, will race....wait, it doesn't run
15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
3,133
18
108
Chicagoland
Aug 18, 2009
#2
  • Aug 18, 2009
  • #2
You don't necessarily have a wiring issue, you could actually be lean. Do you have any codes?
 

HISSIN50

"How long does it take to get help in here?
15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
31,179
34
129
Aug 18, 2009
#3
  • Aug 18, 2009
  • #3
And did you check the output signal for the O2? That can help you deduce if the power and grounds to the sensor are ok.

Did you swap the O2's from one side to the other to see if the code followed the sensor?
 

revhead347

Apparently my ex-husband made that mistake.
20+ Year Stangneter
Jun 14, 2004
9,303
1,648
214
Acworth, GA
Aug 18, 2009
#4
  • Aug 18, 2009
  • #4
More importantly, did you reset the computer after you swapped the sensors. It's going to remember codes if you don't reset the computer.

Kurt
 
T

Tyler16

New Member
Jul 29, 2009
39
0
0
Aug 19, 2009
#5
  • Aug 19, 2009
  • #5
so I think I know my problem. I have a 02 harness from a 3.8 that I had found in a junkyard thinking they were the same harness. Well the plugs all hookup the same but the wiring is different. I cant find anywhere of a diagram of how to make this o2 harness or anywhere to even buy one.

Iv found some diagrams on veryuseful.com but it shows the hego plug for a 94 but the other diagram is for a 93 which is also different. I need the plug diagram that goes to the engine harness.
 

BlownFiveLiter

have car, will race....wait, it doesn't run
15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
3,133
18
108
Chicagoland
Aug 19, 2009
#6
  • Aug 19, 2009
  • #6
I found the O2 sensor harness on Autozone's website recently, so I know it should be on there. I'd try to find it again now, but the site is blocked at my work.
 
T

Tyler16

New Member
Jul 29, 2009
39
0
0
Aug 19, 2009
#7
  • Aug 19, 2009
  • #7
ill check their site as well. If not if all possible somebody can draw up a diagram of how its wired?
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

A
P0036 P0056 P0137 P0157 2020 Ford Mustang GT
  • AmkoA
  • Jun 16, 2026
  • 2024+ (S650) Mustang -General/Talk
Replies
0
Views
238
2024+ (S650) Mustang -General/Talk Jun 16, 2026
AmkoA
A
Electrical Ron Francis Headlight / Alternator Harness
  • dan50
  • Apr 30, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
0
Views
280
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Apr 30, 2026
dan50
Engine Keeping O2 sensors lit with long tube headers
  • keel
  • Jul 30, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
4
Views
214
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Aug 21, 2026
Qtrhrse23
G
Resolved Smoking Wiring Issue After GT40 Head Swap
  • Grapes
  • Aug 15, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
17
Views
469
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Aug 22, 2026
Grapes
G
Big Posi and Neg wire from Starter to Battery and Alt wires..........
  • from6to8
  • Feb 9, 2026
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech
Replies
1
Views
264
1994 - 1995 Specific Tech Feb 9, 2026
AeroCoupe
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?