'o5 AfterMarket Question

Do manufacturers (more specifically, Ford) "leak" information to aftermarket companies so they can get a jumpstart on mods for the new platform? Or do AM companies have to wait for the new platform to be unveiled before they can get started cranking out mods for the new GT? Just a random thought.

• Sponsors (?)

I forget where, could even have been here but I heard that Ford had already given companies such as Roush and Steeda copies of the new Mustang in order for them to get going on special models and parts. But who knows. :shrug:

Roush (the company, not the man) told me they only had sketches and no dimensions or specific engine information to work from. That was probably five weeks ago.

BamaGT said:
Roush (the company, not the man) told me they only had sketches and no dimensions or specific engine information to work from. That was probably five weeks ago.

Doesn't Roush do alot of powertrain development for Ford? I remember reading along time ago that they were testing the engines. They may have not seen the car, but I would think that they would have at least seen the engine.

You'll have to see moded cars the first year. Why, what about Saleen,Steeda,Roush? Nobodys going to buy their cars with just boltons. Thats why I think you'll see alot more than people think.:D

Ok but do they not use Borla mufflers?
Cause if they are going to start using magnaflow, I'm out.

Not that I have anything against it, and I do know they flow awsome (not that borla's are any slouch either) but I love the Borla sound, but have never been too keen on the intercooled 'phantom tips' on their catback systems.

The Stinger mufflers are pretty slick and come with better tips, so i just may have to go with that.