Odd Electronics Problems

i have experienced a couple of electronics problems on my 06 gt- which has roughly 1000mi.

the first problem is with the passenger window. the auto-up feature will occasionally quit working, and then work just fine. when i am experiencing this problem- the driver side auto-up and -down features work, as does the passenger side auto-down. the normal up/down window functions are just fine too. then everything will work perfectly all of the sudden.

the second mishap is involving the shaker500 system. one evening- the stereo was acting very strange- when id turn up the volume knob- it would take several seconds to respond. this was the case with cd or radio. also- when i went to eject a cd- thinking it was a disc error- the cd player auto-ejected all 6 cds for some reason. i parked the car- let it sit. and everything went back to normal. i have not experienced this problem since.

has anybody else had these problems? thank you for your replies and any help you can provide.

obviously- i should just take it to the dealer- but im curious to know if these problems are common or if i should be worried.

-Adam

• Sponsors (?)

just take it in. i have not heard a large # of people with this problem. personally, i would let it go until it does it often. when you take it in, they will say: "cannot duplicate problem".

bigcat said:
just take it in. i have not heard a large # of people with this problem. personally, i would let it go until it does it often. when you take it in, they will say: "cannot duplicate problem".
If the tech can't see it there is nothing wrong . :bang:

As you say you'll be taking it back to the dealer, I can offer only this advice. Keep a written record of all incidents to show the service writers. I noted all incidents with my shaker 1000 as well I noted that most problems occured from excessive heat in the car with windows rolled up all day in the sun or from driving long periods of time. The dealer never asked me to prove that any cd's skipped, which was the majority of the problems with the unit, they said they'd just order a new unit.