ODD PROBLEM

blckstng96

Apr 13, 2004
So i just put a bunch of new stuff on my car and everythings pretty good except i keep running into this odd problem.after everytime i get gas the car doesn't like to start,it crank and cranks and cranks but doesn't like to start unless i either give it a bit of gas which i find odd being a fuel injected car,or prime the pump a couple times.as far as the fuel system goes the new parts are a 225 pump and 24lb injectors,idk if it matters but they are injectors from a z28. so im tryin to figure out why it does this.also when fuel is really low the car will just shut off.no siign of bogging like its extremely low on fuel,it will just shut off and then wont start but sometimes if you wait a little while maybe 15 min or so and keep priming the pump it will start again and drive just as if nothing happened.the pump is brand new too.any ideas?

• Sponsors (?)

So i just put a bunch of new stuff on my car and everythings pretty good except i keep running into this odd problem.after everytime i get gas the car doesn't like to start,it crank and cranks and cranks but doesn't like to start unless i either give it a bit of gas which i find odd being a fuel injected car,or prime the pump a couple times.as far as the fuel system goes the new parts are a 225 pump and 24lb injectors,idk if it matters but they are injectors from a z28. so im tryin to figure out why it does this.also when fuel is really low the car will just shut off.no siign of bogging like its extremely low on fuel,it will just shut off and then wont start but sometimes if you wait a little while maybe 15 min or so and keep priming the pump it will start again and drive just as if nothing happened.the pump is brand new too.any ideas?
Are you serious?:shrug:

How did you get a GM injector to fit on a Ford harness? What year Z/28? IIRC 98+ injectors are
98 - 28 lbs, 99 - 26 lbs, 00 - 26 lbs, 01 - 28 lbs, 02 - 28 lbs

EDIT- N/M they may be LT1 Injectors you have which come with 24 lbs

yeah they are from a 94 z28,they were given to me and they worked so i figured why not.i plan to get ford ones though because the nozzle is diff on the chevy ones.ford were 4 hole and these are 6

he probably has a JLT true cold air which relocates the filter and MAF to inside the fender becauce CAIs like mac or bbk have the elbow in front of the MAF which mess up the readings. In his case they fell off. I think the Anderson powerpipes are like that too.