• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech

Odd Steering Wheel Electrical Problem

  • Thread starter Thread starter DarkHorse02GT
  • Start date Start date Jan 2, 2006

DarkHorse02GT

Member
Feb 12, 2004
156
0
16
Tuscaloosa/Mobile, AL
Jan 2, 2006
#1
  • Jan 2, 2006
  • #1
OK, quick question for those of you that have a clue about electrical systems in cars (which I don't) This is for a 2002 GT... It seems as though my steering wheel accessories have lost power. I noticed it a few days ago when my "air bag" light came on (never a good thing), and then I tried to honk the horn and got nothing. So I tried cruise control today and thats not working either. So only the features on the front of the wheel don't work, the lever for wipers and turn signal work fine.

My personal diagnosis would be a fuse issue, but I'm not sure that there is a single fuse for the steering wheel features. If so, could someone let me know which one etc. If you have any other ideas on what the problem could be, please let me know. I dont want to have to take it in to Ford and get charged for them to tell me some connector got jiggled lose or something. Thanks in advance - Mark
 

mity2

I like Pro3 and all I got was this crappy CT.
Jul 24, 2003
2,872
3
48
StateCollege PA
Jan 3, 2006
#2
  • Jan 3, 2006
  • #2
dude. Since mulfanction of SRS can be really harzardes, please stop messing around and take it to the dealer. If SRS light came on, then their diagnastic computer can tell you whats going on.

Chances are your multiplex connecter somewhere is loose, as you stated. But again, SRS is something you really shouldn't be taking chance with if your not trained properly.
 

triggz

Founding Member
May 15, 2002
1,218
0
37
Gadsden, AL
Jan 3, 2006
#3
  • Jan 3, 2006
  • #3
I think theres a very long extended warranty for safety equipment. Take it to a dealer and let them fix it.. It's probably a few pinched wires or burned up relay.
 
D

d90212

Founding Member
Jan 17, 2000
253
4
0
kailua, hawaii
Jan 3, 2006
#4
  • Jan 3, 2006
  • #4
clockspring.
 

DarkHorse02GT

Member
Feb 12, 2004
156
0
16
Tuscaloosa/Mobile, AL
Jan 3, 2006
#5
  • Jan 3, 2006
  • #5
OK guys, thanks for the advice, I havent driven it since the light came on except to test the cruise control, I dont want my steering wheel implanted on my face any more than you guys do. I'll take it to the dealership then. Thanks again - Mark
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

For Sale 2006 Mustang GT Steering Wheel with Cruise Controls
  • lenko
  • Sep 3, 2026
  • Other Classifieds
Replies
0
Views
102
Other Classifieds Sep 3, 2026
lenko
J
Suspension Foxbody mustang Steering shaft issue
  • Jakub2537
  • Sep 5, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
8
Views
241
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Sep 11, 2026
gkomo
Resolved Wiring electric fan
  • cbac89
  • Aug 29, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
3
Views
170
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 30, 2026
cbac89
S
Best place to source power steering parts for a '67? (control valve, ram, hoses)
  • SophiaTatum
  • Jun 15, 2026
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech
Replies
2
Views
158
Classic Mustang Specific Tech Jun 18, 2026
SophiaTatum
S
Cobra Brake Conversion - Spare Wheel/Tire Search
  • AeroCoupe
  • Aug 2, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
7
Views
400
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 2, 2026
AeroCoupe
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?