oil pan removal

• Sponsors (?)

Top Tranny Bell Housing Bolts

I have heard people jacking up the engine to get enough clearance. I actually need to fix a leak on my Oil Pan Gasket this winter and will be just pulling the engine out. One question I do have in regards to this is has anyone been able to get to the Top Trannys Bell Housing Bolts from under the car? or do I have to pull the Upper/Lower Intake Manifold. When I originally did my engine swap I got them from the top. Just wondering because I would hate to have to pull my lower intake manifold. Not that its a huge problem but just would be nice. :flag:

I have heard people jacking up the engine to get enough clearance. I actually need to fix a leak on my Oil Pan Gasket this winter and will be just pulling the engine out. One question I do have in regards to this is has anyone been able to get to the Top Trannys Bell Housing Bolts from under the car? or do I have to pull the Upper/Lower Intake Manifold. When I originally did my engine swap I got them from the top. Just wondering because I would hate to have to pull my lower intake manifold. Not that its a huge problem but just would be nice. :flag:

I got them from the bottom just took a couple extensions and swivels but it wasn't that bad

Its very easy to reach the top 2 tranny bolts from the drivers side of your car. I use a ratchet wrench and get to both of them very easy. as far as the oil pan, i tried taking the motor mounts loose and raising the motor to get the pan off, but was not successful. the oil pump and pickup keep it from coming off. finally just pulled the motor. good luck.