Oil pressure gauge question?

MY 85 GT

10 Year Member
Mar 7, 2008
New Jersey
Ok the other day i cleaned my MAF and thorttle body they were really dirty..lol..Then i decided to clean the motor which was a also dirty...when i was done..i noticed the next day my oil pressure gauge was jumping around it used to be in the middle all the time. Now it goes to the lower line then jumps up to the middle again but most of the time it drops to the lower line ...the oil is full..it needs to be changed in another 800 miles..now i did have syntheic in it last oil change now i have regular oil and i used a motorcraft oil filter..last oil change i used a mobil 1 filter...is there something wrong with the motor or is the filter plugged ...loose wire on the sender?..bad sender?...the car has 117,100 miles on it....no engine nosies...no lose of oil..no smoke...so any ideas?...thanks....

• Sponsors (?)

Its possible...just weird it started after i washed the motor...the oil pressure since the day i got it was always in the middle a little above now it starts off int he middle the goes down up down up...its werid...:shrug: