Engine Oil pressure issue

I am old enough to remember when Fram was one of the best oil filters......
They sold out and the company who bought them cheapened the product but has lived on its name.....
Fram is not the only poor quality oil filter, but it is definitely one of them...

• Sponsors (?)

My saga continues, put the dizzy back in and it started right up but no oil pressure again! So I need to tear into it!

Looking for advice. My combo is a 347 with scat forged bottom end and 9 to 1 compression with dished forged piston. The motor was built over 15 years ago so I don’t remember everything. It has a Jay Allen custom cam(I don’t know the specs) but it’s a billet cam and I also bought heavy duty springs from him as well with high seat pressure on edelbrock performer 60379 heads and a performer rpm 2 intake. I want to replace the cam, do I need new springs, any suggestions on the cam? If I am tearing it apart should I consider other parts. I am looking for a streetcar/daily driver and prefer low end, it won’t see 6k very often. Other things to note is T5 and 3.55’s. Any help would be appreciated.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
Probably need to tear it down and get figured out why there is no oil pressure. Then see what if anything has been damaged from not having oil pressure. From there you can start making decisions on what you want to to change as some things may be forced if there is starvation issues.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
I am pretty confident that it’s an issue with the oil pump driveshaft. I’m pretty confident there are no other issues with the motor. It’s got less than 10k on it and it only ran for seconds before I realized there was a problem.

My saga continues, put the dizzy back in and it started right up but no oil pressure again! So I need to tear into it!

Looking for advice. My combo is a 347 with scat forged bottom end and 9 to 1 compression with dished forged piston. The motor was built over 15 years ago so I don’t remember everything. It has a Jay Allen custom cam(I don’t know the specs) but it’s a billet cam and I also bought heavy duty springs from him as well with high seat pressure on edelbrock performer 60379 heads and a performer rpm 2 intake. I want to replace the cam, do I need new springs, any suggestions on the cam? If I am tearing it apart should I consider other parts. I am looking for a streetcar/daily driver and prefer low end, it won’t see 6k very often. Other things to note is T5 and 3.55’s. Any help would be appreciated.
What oil filter are you using?

I finally have a part enough to look into the oil pan. I’ve attached a photo but I am confused what to do as I don’t see the driveshaft anywhere inside the oil pan yet when I look down the distributor housing I can see the top of it. Did I somehow snap the driveshaft in half and it’s laying in the pan? Can I not get what left of it from the distributor housing because of that retainer? What do I do next? Any help would be appreciated. I have the whole front of the engine off as I’m doing a cam change but I need to get the oiling issue solved. I’m planning on getting under and removing all the pan bolts to get more room, maybe lower the rack as well. Thanks!

Attachments

• 343F2988-8E80-4302-AE8D-837607F45C54.jpeg
    343F2988-8E80-4302-AE8D-837607F45C54.jpeg
    388.1 KB · Views: 20