Oil pressure issues....

nmcgrawj

Advanced Member
Sep 28, 2003
Indianapolis, IN
Hey guys, well i started tearing down the motor. Hoping it would be simple and be the oil galley plugs behind the timing cover.....ofcourse not. So now are there any other plugs? Im thinking there is one under the lower intake but from what i have read if that one goes out, u'll still get pressure just low pressure. The ones behind the front cover make the pressure go completely to zero. So i guess, after only a couple hundred miles i have a junk pump or something. I was hoping there would be a easy way out of this.

So with trying to minimize steps, do i finish taking the motor apart and just yank it from lower to oil pan, then take off the lower? Is there a visual way to inspect a oil pump or to test it? Or should i leave it in the car and take the lower off. That would save time IF the problem was under it, which sense i had ZERO oil pressure i dont think it is.

I dont know, im feeling lazy and wish this thing would fix itself:bang:

• Sponsors (?)

Hey guys, well i started tearing down the motor. Hoping it would be simple and be the oil galley plugs behind the timing cover.....ofcourse not. So now are there any other plugs? Im thinking there is one under the lower intake but from what i have read if that one goes out, u'll still get pressure just low pressure. The ones behind the front cover make the pressure go completely to zero. So i guess, after only a couple hundred miles i have a junk pump or something. I was hoping there would be a easy way out of this.

So with trying to minimize steps, do i finish taking the motor apart and just yank it from lower to oil pan, then take off the lower? Is there a visual way to inspect a oil pump or to test it? Or should i leave it in the car and take the lower off. That would save time IF the problem was under it, which sense i had ZERO oil pressure i dont think it is.

I dont know, im feeling lazy and wish this thing would fix itself:bang:

I don't know if you have another thread talking about this, but I'll ask here. Did you pull the distributor yet? Could be a broken pump drive shaft. :shrug:

Scott

Yea i pulled it and i put the primer in it. It primed.....it barely had enough "umphhh" in it to make oil come out of the oil feed line at about the rate of a 1,000,000 year old slug. So i know something has gotta be connected to the pump. I guess tomorrow will be the day i yank it up outta the engine bay :bang: