Oil pressure Sending unit questions

• Sponsors (?)

Sometimes those are really tight and rusty. I would squirt it down with WD and make sure you keep the wrench square on the nut, or bolt. If you snap that you will not be a happy camper.

thanks for the replies.Can i use PB to get it a little loose.I got the socket made for it.Would thread sealer work fine?Might be a stupid question,with the tape did you just put it around the Oil pressure send unit after you install it?

thanks
Jesse

95mustang_gt said:
thanks for the replies.Can i use PB to get it a little loose.I got the socket made for it.Would thread sealer work fine?Might be a stupid question,with the tape did you just put it around the Oil pressure send unit after you install it?

thanks
Jesse

I just used a regular open end wrench with no lube and mine came right out. You can use any type of sealer on it. The factory piece actually comes with that red stuff in the threads already, so you may not even need to add anything.

95mustang_gt said:

thanks
Jesse

I put the tape around the threads, then install normally.

Mine came out easy too. I also clean the threads on the sender, wrap them in teflon tape and then install the sender. If you use tape, wrap it the right direction so the tape doesnt try to unwind as you screw it in.

Good luck.