Ok need some help here !!!

I need alll the sound system geeks to lisien up > I need help !! >
My MOTHER has a problem with her 2000 gt convert stereo system > She said she has been having problem with the battery going dead and could not find out why? > she has replaced the battery , alt and the cables to here stang> yes my mother is very mechanical go figure . any whay she broke down and took it to a shop and they told her it was the stereo system that was draining her battery > the car runs fine but if you let it sit for more that a day it won't start. > the guy at the shop said he thought it had something to do the amp and the Mach stereo.
now the hard part to me to work on the car is I"m over 1000 miles away from here so all I have written is hear say from her. what she wants is a diagram of the stereo wiring > if any one has one i would really appreciate it > my e-maIL IS [email protected] > IF WANT TO POST IT HERE OR JUST SEND IT TO ME . any help or ideas would be great!!

• Sponsors (?)

I have seen the schematics on other Mustang sites and crutchfield.com. just google for them.

It is possible that the radio/amp might have an internal drain.

To confirm that radio is draining the battery. I would use a ohm meter in series with positive battery cable and post. Then, pull fuses to determine which circuit is the cause. The amp draw should drop quite a bit if that circuit is faulty.

^yea thats what I told her but I can't work on thecar as it is over 1000 miles from me and she is very untrusting of the Ford dealers and shops around her> she's seen what I delt with from them yers ago. so shes tring to fix it here srlf > the only guy she trusts can't get it in anytime soon so I'm doing the button pushing tring to find something out for her.> thanks for the web site > I'll try it out !!

To confirm that radio is draining the battery. I would use a ohm meter in series with positive battery cable and post. Then, pull fuses to determine which circuit is the cause. The amp draw should drop quite a bit if that circuit is faulty.

This is what I would do here. I would use a test light though (easier to see when you are pulling fuses.