okay guys help me out here...rotors...good looking, non-rusting, quality rotors...

killer5.0

5 Year Member
Oct 8, 2009
looking for something that looks appealing slotted/xdrilled...while maintaining that look and not rusting while being good against warping etc...all for a decent price...this cobra upgrade is already costing me more than i wanted to spend :( but if i can get better rotors for a little more money than some cheap ones i would rather :nice: ....so many names and ive been searching the archives for days...ebc, powerslot, summit, irotors, rotorpros, brembo (which dont sell the blanks anymore and have had an ordered cancelled b/c they cant get anymore)...just want to have a rotor picked out so i can see what its going to cost...it will not be tracked but will have moderate/heavy street use. thanks again for all the help and input :D

• Sponsors (?)

I dare to say that a rotor that didnt rust (pad surface part I mean) does not exist. You can paint the hat but the pad surface area is bare metal so is prone to rust. As long as it doesnt sit like that for a long period of time then it will be fine. The ceramic in most pads (or other materials) scrape the rust off anyways. WHen you buy a rotor brand new it is usually coated in a oil like substance to protect it against rusting during storage and shipping. I have used expensive power slot rotors and the ebay ones that were slotted and honestly for my daily driver I didnt notice a difference. The only difference I noticed in anything was when I went to ceramic pads vs. OEM. Not as much fade and the not as much brake dust. Good luck.

im glad to hear you say that b/c i found this company on ebay called brakelabs and they have a 99.9% feedback and have cobra front and rear, drilled/slotted rotors (w/zinc coating) for about $200 shipped. i think i am going to give them a try...i know the part of the rotor the pads hit will have some surface rust from sitting but im worried about the hats and vents...if i do go with these i will give you guys a quality report...heres a link they look really nice....and they are approved by several safety commisions i guess according to the bottom of the page in faq section.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MUST...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item3efb4b396c

I dare to say that a rotor that didnt rust (pad surface part I mean) does not exist. You can paint the hat but the pad surface area is bare metal so is prone to rust. As long as it doesnt sit like that for a long period of time then it will be fine. The ceramic in most pads (or other materials) scrape the rust off anyways. WHen you buy a rotor brand new it is usually coated in a oil like substance to protect it against rusting during storage and shipping. I have used expensive power slot rotors and the ebay ones that were slotted and honestly for my daily driver I didnt notice a difference. The only difference I noticed in anything was when I went to ceramic pads vs. OEM. Not as much fade and the not as much brake dust. Good luck.

For a DD you probably wouldnt notice a big difference, get those things out on a road course and see how fast they crack...

+1 for ebay rotors, or at least some of them. im assuming the majority of the stock replacement drilled/slotted are made by the same manufacturer anyway, regardless of the seller. i ordered a set for my 95 a few years ago from Gripforce (on ebay) and was very pleased with them. didnt notice any cracking. any rotor will eventually rust but with the zinc coating, it slows down the process alot - and looks good!

i think you can probably make out for a little better than $200 . i found this set for my 00 GT for $180.65 BIN / free shipping . 4 rotors AND all the pads :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0508699144&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT

havent ordered these yet and not so sure i would trust the pads it came with. could probably save some money on the rotors and just order them with no pads. get some oem motorcraft pads from your local ford dealer. this is what i done on other car. very pleased :nice:

EDIT : EBAY LINK PROB WONT WORK. EBAY ITEM # IS 270508699144

For a DD you probably wouldnt notice a big difference, get those things out on a road course and see how fast they crack...

I dont road course but I am sure that is true for any DD street part when dealing with brakes, tires, suspension, wheels ETC.....I doubt my kumhos would last either but I dont pay for the expensive stuff that would only see a 1/4 track once a year.