On-Sale date?

• Sponsors (?)

The job1 dates may in fact be old, or new.
No one knows but Ford.

Chris Theadore said early Summer
and yet someone else said October.

Chris Theadores quote was later as well (in other words the dates may be smoke and mirrors)

Even June seems a little early. I know it was a rush job, but the GTO "went on sale" a while ago (as far as reservtions go), but doesn't hit the streets for a few days. And that's the '04 model. Are they going to just "go on sale" as in reservations, or will they be ready for pick up?

GelatiCruiser said:
Even June seems a little early. I know it was a rush job, but the GTO "went on sale" a while ago (as far as reservtions go), but doesn't hit the streets for a few days. And that's the '04 model. Are they going to just "go on sale" as in reservations, or will they be ready for pick up?

i think it's just reservations that you place before they come out. i thought no one will get it until the fall. but, what do i know? :shrug:

Boomer v3.8 said:
The job1 dates may in fact be old, or new.
No one knows but Ford.

Ford has published official job1 dates for the new Mustang up on their Fleet Order website.

However, after the F-150 towing numbers game Ford played, it could be very well that Ford intentionally published wrong dates up on that website.

JLstang351 said:
Seems like they should have them ready for the 40th ann. show in tenn. Isnt thet how they did it w/ the 99, and 94's the show is in april.

I believe you are right. It is just that what Ford will show at the 40th Ann., will be essentially a hand-built, early, pre-production model. Kind of like what Ford did with the Mach 1. Unfortunately, a think a lot of people will wrongly think that they will be able to stop at a Ford dealer upon leaving that show, and drive one home. IMHO, what Ford will be doing, is to tease and disappoint these people when they find the best they will be able to do, is be on an unending waiting list.

Remember, they showed the Mach 1 at that time of year, but production didn't actually start until over a 1/2 year later. A very long wait for a lot of people, which only got worse then their promised production date came and went, and no Mach 1's were in sight for anyone.

As far as I'm concerned, Ford can take as long as they want to release it. I don't want them rushing it out the door at the expensive of quality. Mustangs have had abysmal build quality for a long time, I'm really hoping that the '05 will change that.

Dave