p0304 misfire 4th cylinder, 2000 gt

trombonedemon

Jun 25, 2009
U.S.A, U.S.A., U.S.A.!
I need some direction on this one. So far, I've changed the spark-plug and the COP, cleaned the throttle body. Any other advice, tommorow, I'm gonna change the fuel filter but, something tells me thats not gonna do any good. Any other advice? Rough idle is the symptoms and when I clear the code, the car warms up and throws a misfire code in cylinder number 4. Thats the second cylinder from the back on the passenger side, right? Any help would be appreciated.:)

• Sponsors (?)

O.K., get this, you know that manual fan-switch mod, you know, once you find the green/purple stripe wire, you ground it out and fan is manipulated; which gives the fan power on the power side of the relay from the PCM, not the switch side, the PCM does not switch the fan on and off, just provides power; this does not work for the 2000 Gt, only if you do it from the engine-bay. I tried that mod, against my better judgement. Well the mod didn't work, what it did was send a shot voltage that ended up in one my COPs. It gutted the inside of one my ignition coil. Which gave the P0304. Yea the internet misleads. Thanks Sneaky, just had to buy a new coil on plug. I learned a lesson!:nice: Thanks again!

jeeze trombone, we thought you knew...ahh just bustin ya man. however good find with the problem though. im having a cooling issue right now, im running an auxilary pusher fan on the passenger side of my radiator to help. i plan on wiring it with a relay and switch manually so i can control it. oh and yes ive searched everything (wiring, controls, temp sensor, etc.) and yea it does come on both speeds too. but congrats and bummer about the short problem.

jeeze trombone, we thought you knew...ahh just bustin ya man. however good find with the problem though. im having a cooling issue right now, im running an auxilary pusher fan on the passenger side of my radiator to help. i plan on wiring it with a relay and switch manually so i can control it. oh and yes ive searched everything (wiring, controls, temp sensor, etc.) and yea it does come on both speeds too. but congrats and bummer about the short problem.

Thats ok, I should've known, we all are still learning though.
Yea, the next time I am gonna try the manual fan mod, its gonna be the way you've stated; which is what I should've done in the first place. Kinda funky timing b/c the same day, I just got a bunch of crap to install in 100 degree weather, talk about humid here.
To be honest the engine light scared the crap out of me along w/the bucking. I was praying to the mustang gods that I didn't fry my PCM. I dodged a big ole' bullet.