P1130 code

mamastang

Apr 17, 2002
Dandridge,TN
I got a p1130code and none of my books really define this well. Anyone know what it really means. I know it has something t do with the ho2 sensor. But I do not know witch of the 4. I do know it is running very rich. What all do I need to look for.

• Sponsors (?)

Wait a second...
P1130 - Lack of HO2S-11 Switch, Fuel Trim at Limit The HEGO Sensor is monitored for switching. The code will set when the HO2S fails to switch due to circuit or fuel at or exceeding a calibrated limit.
Possible Causes
Electrical:
· Short to VPWR or VREF in harness or HO2S
· HO2S circuit shorted to Ground
· Water in harness connector
· Open circuit
· Corrosion or poor mating terminals and wiring
· Damaged HO2S
· Damaged PCM (other DTCs should be present)
Fuel System:
· Excessive fuel pressure (stuck fuel pressure regulator, restricted fuel return lines, etc.)
· Leaking/contaminated fuel injectors or fuel pressure regulator
· Low fuel pressure or running out of fuel (fuel pump concern, fuel supply line restrictions, low fuel level, etc.)
· Vapor recovery system (stuck VMV, etc.)
Induction System:
· MAF contamination
· Air leaks between MAF and throttle plate
· PCV system / Other vacuum leaks
· Improperly seated engine oil dipstick
EGR System:
· Leaking gasket
· Stuck EGR valve / Leaking diaphragm or EVR
Base Engine:
· Oil overfill
· Incorrect cylinder compression
· Exhaust leaks before or near the HO2S
· Secondary air stuck on

I replaced the o2 sensors yesterday and the light went off. But I got about 20 miles in on it and it came back on. I changed the plugs as well. checked all I could could not find any leaks or hoses loose. I am at my witts end. I have had the car for 2 years and it has always run rich and gotten bad gas mileage. I think 10 miles to the gallon is pretty bad for a 6 cyl. I can smell a strong fuel smell also. even when it is just sitting idleing. I have no idea what was done to the car before I got it. The only thing I know has been changed is the Filter now a K&N. They had a different stero in it as well. It belonged to some teenage boys so I do not know if any under hood mods have been made.
I wanted to change out the exhaust. Do away with cats and go flowmaster all the way dual.
Since we do not have emission testing here.
Any info would help. I am willing to check all possible causes so I can have the car I thought I was getting to start with. With gas prices like they are I have not been driving it much.