Paint Chips

Black1987

my wife Bedazzled my input shaft
15 Year Member
Jan 9, 2011
NC
I have a 2017 Race Red PP GT.

Has anyone else had paint chips on the hood or anywhere?

IMG_5938.JPG

• Sponsors (?)

I was considering a clear bra for the bumper & leading edge of the hood. Had one on my previous car that only cost me $499. Installers around Dallas have lost their minds....cheapest I'm finding is $800. I'm just gonna have to live with the inevitable rock chips.

I agree, drcolorchip.com. The kit is easy to use and it blends well. It's not an invisible repair but its way better than a rock chip. My car is black and the chip shows up as a very light colored primer. The repair is quick and much better than the dreaded paint chip. I have gotten two chips, both times playing around with other cars. My son's mustang gave me my first chip, his sticky tires picked up some small stones and sprayed me. It was heartbreaking to say the least. Shortly after I repaired that chip, I was on the interstate chasing down a Jaguar and he gave me another! My detail guy made the repairs look even better with his polishing and whatever else he does to make my car look better than new. It's not the end of the world, trust me, even I got over it and I am such the perfectionist! Give it a try and let us know how it turned out.