Paint Codes - Dark Blue with White Stripes

geordie

Founding Member
May 10, 2002
What are the paint codes for the 'traditional' dark blue and white Shelby striped Mustang?

I've researched the following codes but don't know if they are current or available.

Body:
1964 Ford Guardsman Blue, R-M A-1630, Ditzler 12832, Du Pont 4483
Stripe:
Chevrolet Commercial White, R-M 1347 E, Ditzler 2185, Du Pont 817

I have lots of photos of this type of combination but don't know what apint codes the owners used. Would appreciate a photo of your ride if it fits this description, with the paint codes you used. Thanks guys.

• Sponsors (?)

Although it's not "correct" by concours standards, I love the blue that's on the stripes on my car. It's a House of Kolor base called "Lapis Blue" and it looks unbelieveable in the sun. There are two kinds of Lapis Blue, mine is the "glamour mettalic" which has lots of tiny mettalic and looks almost like pearl blue in the sun. The guardsman blue everyone "thinks" they want looks kinda flat in the sunlight. I see you've chosen GM white ( a very good white BTW) which is close to my white, which is House of Kolor white base coat. I was going to paint my car blue with white stripes, but where I live 90% of the Mustangs are blue (mine was Brittany Blue originally) so I simply reversed my colors to the traditional white with blue stripes.

My first time around, I used a 94 Tbird Moonlight blue with white pear stripes.This is the only pic i have around right now,i'll find the others if it interest you.
img015.jpg

View attachment 486008

Attachments

• img015.jpg
    img015.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 183
Perfect...........that's the color combination I'm looking for. I'm looking to get my car painted that scheme and I'm looking for definative codes to give to the painter.

geordie said:
Perfect...........that's the color combination I'm looking for. I'm looking to get my car painted that scheme and I'm looking for definative codes to give to the painter.
The blue is code KM, the white was a basic pearl with about 5 coats, too much and it will start to take a yellow cast. The paint was used on 94 T-birds and is still used as Electric blue i think on 04 mustangs.

good luck:nice: