Paint Overspray & body repair

Gentlemen, had the house painted and the black 2002 GT was too close. Got paint overspray (oil based & light color) on the entire car. Need to know if there is a way I can get this off with clay or anything else.

I'm also about 40 miles west of Austin and looking for a good guy to do some paint and body work. If anyone knows of someone please let me know. It's for a 2000 Grand Cherokee with 120k miles so I don't need show quality, just a guy that can make it look good.

Lonestar

• Sponsors (?)

i used to get a little over spray off with one of those scratch removers. i forget which though. i dont know if it was scratchx or what. it was just one of the name brand (pep boys) scratch removers. might have been meguires or KIT

Yup, try something like ScratchX, and clay bars. Worst case, you have a clear coat on top so it can be wet sanded to be beautiful again. You may have to wet sand the rest of the car to make it look nice as the oversprayed areas. :p

Get Meguiars Smooth surface Clay kit. try to wash it then clay it. I got over spray on my Laser red which is a darker red and the primer overspray came off with working the clay well. The megs product does work. Then hit it with a paint cleaner like megs DC1 and then DC2 pure polish and top it off with your favorite wax. If the paint is not bad there should be no reason to wet sand. Try the Clay bar from megs first. Plus you can use the clay on the wondows as well.
The meguiars 5 step process
1 wash
2 clean
3 polish
4 wax
5 maintain

Take car to body shop send bill to painters????

Thats what I would do.A few years back my dads brand new ranger got overspray from a sign painting company.He took it to a detail shop and they removed all the overspray then the sign company payed the bill,they actually didnt give him any beef about paying.
I dont remember how the detail shop did it but I do remember the guy saying that a buff would be the last resort.

I scraped a yellow pole in a parking garage with my laser red 98 gt at hot august nights a couple years ago and used nail polish remover. It got all the paint off and didnt hurt the red at all, sadly it didnt fix the dent though :shrug: Be sure to wax when your done.