Paxton Novi 2000 good for 427?

Yellowpnoy

Feb 6, 2006
I am torn between which blower to pick. The Novi 2000 looks like a great setup because of the adjustability of the blower and the cfm if can flow (1400) and is reasonably priced for such a stout blower. The procharger F1 looks great, but the price is pretty steep, but it does come with an intercooler. Also, the V-7 YSi is awesome, but i read an article saying that it doesnt really come alive until about 20lbs of boost, and the t-trim will make the same power as the YSi up to 20lbs, but im not sure that the t-trim can flow enough cfm for a 427. This is going to be a weekend warrior car and will be mostly driven on the street and am looking to make about 15psi and higher at the track. Here is my setup, let me know what you guys think! Here is a rundown of my setup.

Brodix Track 1 225's
Dart block 427w, all eagle forged, 9.0:1 cr
Comp Cam
114LSA
244/262
.580/.620

Anthony

• Sponsors (?)

Holly ***** at 427 w/ 15psi on the street ......?!?!?!?!?
damn...........

I would stay with the Novi for the price, but Paxton w/ intercooler
would be best..........

Thought of a Turbo? cost about the same after all is said and done.

Yea man, should be pretty wicked! I am pumped and cant wait to get it installed. Thanks for the input, i think i am gonna go with the paxton, seems like a great setup for the money. Thanks man!!

Anthony

yellowpony, id like to know more about your project. my dad and i are going to be putting a novi 2000 on his 390 later this year and id like to see what it looks like on a 427. edit...just realized its a windsor based block...my bad. got any pics anyway?

I actually dont have pics because i dont have the motor yet, i should have it in a week or two, they just got the crank from eagle, and they are going to start assembly this week. Originally i was going to go for a 408, and then the company building it called and said they could do a 427 also, so why argue? LOL, can always use the extra cubes. The hardest part was getting the compression down, so we went with custom JE pistons, and i am running a fairly large chamber (68cc). I wanted to use AFR 225's, but the chambers were too small because the compression of the motor was based on a 64cc chamber, and with a 64cc chamber, compression was going to be 9.3:1. What kind of setup are you going with? A 393 sounds like a great motor to put a blower on.

Anthony

The Novi is a great blower, I didnt think it would make as much power as it did on my motor, its is not real loud, but you know its there, does paxton make a different kit for the taller deck height of the 351 based block?

Yellowpnoy said:
I actually dont have pics because i dont have the motor yet, i should have it in a week or two, they just got the crank from eagle, and they are going to start assembly this week. Originally i was going to go for a 408, and then the company building it called and said they could do a 427 also, so why argue? LOL, can always use the extra cubes. The hardest part was getting the compression down, so we went with custom JE pistons, and i am running a fairly large chamber (68cc). I wanted to use AFR 225's, but the chambers were too small because the compression of the motor was based on a 64cc chamber, and with a 64cc chamber, compression was going to be 9.3:1. What kind of setup are you going with? A 393 sounds like a great motor to put a blower on.

Anthony
actually its a fe 390 big block in my dads 67 mustang. i got all excited thinking somebody has a 427 in a fox...thought it would be a cool idea, but a 427 smallblock with a blower is going to be insane. good luck

Around here the popular swap in the FOX is the 460ci. It really fits nice and fits a lot better than when I fit a 428CJ in a Maverick in the 80s. Last weekend at my local 1/8 mile a guy had a Faremont with a 554ci with a Procharger blower street driven to the track. I am not even sure how or what combination makes a 554ci.