pi swap....computer?

able2flyy

Oct 21, 2004
Hey i cant get a straight answer. I did a pi swap in my 96gt and i used the 96 wiring harness and computer but i cant get rid of my check engine light for the iac valve and i tried a new(used but good valve) it didnt do anything and then i tried a used t.b. and plenum and the stalling went away but the light is still there and it idles high.....i was wondering if it has anything to do with the computer or if changing the computer for a computer for a pi motor would help performance at all?

• Sponsors (?)

Are you talking about a headswap? Most people that do one, myself included, find that the stock computer works just fine.

Sounds like your problem is not related to the headswap unless something was re-connected improperly. Take it to a good mechanic and have him diagnose it. Don't blow money on parts hit-or-miss.

Yeah if you did an entire PI engine swap the harness might have changed and could the be cause of your problems...off the top of my head the two things that are majorly different between an NPI and PI engine are the fuel system return style and the COP's vs. coil packs.

Dusstbuster said:
Yeah if you did an entire PI engine swap the harness might have changed and could the be cause of your problems...off the top of my head the two things that are majorly different between an NPI and PI engine are the fuel system return style and the COP's vs. coil packs.
those things shouldn't be an issue if he reused his fuel rails and coil packs from the NPI set up.

Dusstbuster said:

His harness will work fine. If he used the things you mentioned off the PI car, his car wouldn't even be running with the current harness.