• Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech

*PICS* JLT Intake Matched Paint

  • Thread starter Thread starter anticubicle
  • Start date Start date Oct 28, 2007
A

anticubicle

New Member
Jul 30, 2007
268
0
0
Oct 28, 2007
#1
  • Oct 28, 2007
  • #1
For anyone in the market for an intake...I got the JLT CAI with the painted inlet tube option (cheap!). It's very high quality and the paint matches very well.

Also, DiabloSport did some testing with my car and other intakes. The JLT dyno'd at 316 RWHP (the car's best) while the C&L Street and Racer kits both dyno'd in at 311 RWHP. 5 RWHP gain over the leading brand. We didn't get to test a Steeda intake so no #'s on that.

Anyway, this thing owns. You can't beat it for this price! I'm def sending them a testimonial.

 

Attachments

  • 1124073120.webp
    276.8 KB · Views: 181

Five Oh Brian

Member
Jun 13, 2007
552
1
16
Pacific Northwest
Oct 28, 2007
#2
  • Oct 28, 2007
  • #2
That may just be my next mod. Looks good, performs very good, and very affordable.
 
A

anticubicle

New Member
Jul 30, 2007
268
0
0
Oct 28, 2007
#3
  • Oct 28, 2007
  • #3
Five Oh Brian said:
That may just be my next mod. Looks good, performs very good, and very affordable.
Click to expand...

Make sure you get a Predator too. You'll need a tune for sure.
 

walter

Founding Member
Aug 13, 1998
1,054
0
46
Houston TX
Oct 28, 2007
#4
  • Oct 28, 2007
  • #4
Awesome stuff! I just ordered mine with the SCT tunes from Bamachips can't wait to turn up the power!
 
A

anticubicle

New Member
Jul 30, 2007
268
0
0
Oct 28, 2007
#5
  • Oct 28, 2007
  • #5
I see you went w/ the Steeda Axle Back walter! Excellent choice man! You're gonna love the JLT.
 

walter

Founding Member
Aug 13, 1998
1,054
0
46
Houston TX
Oct 29, 2007
#6
  • Oct 29, 2007
  • #6
Yeah I love the exhaust, a bit drony for my taste at certain cruising RPM's but I think that's because I had just gotten used to having a "quiet" car haha. It's much better now that I got used to a more agressive exhaust tone.

Hopefully this JLT combo I'm getting will get me more power and save me some money at the gas pump as well, I hear some people are picking up a full day of commuting with a good intake/tuner combo, that's just what I need really.
 

kooldawg6

mine works really well and can take a fair amount
Aug 31, 2006
1,679
2
38
Central VA
Oct 29, 2007
#7
  • Oct 29, 2007
  • #7
Very nice anti

Walter, good luck with maintaining the higher MPG with the fun you will have with more sound and power
 
J

JLTucker

Member
May 25, 2004
114
0
16
Chesapeake VA
Oct 29, 2007
#8
  • Oct 29, 2007
  • #8
Great to hear man and I'm glad your happy wit hthe product.

Jay
 
A

anticubicle

New Member
Jul 30, 2007
268
0
0
Oct 29, 2007
#9
  • Oct 29, 2007
  • #9
LOL gas mileage...I threw that out the window when I got the car. I'm getting 18 MPH avg.
 

gashog

Member
Dec 26, 2006
139
0
16
Fresno, CA
Oct 29, 2007
#10
  • Oct 29, 2007
  • #10
Looks killer, so what are your mods that got you those numbers?

I know you have the intake and tuner, what else?
 
A

anticubicle

New Member
Jul 30, 2007
268
0
0
Oct 29, 2007
#11
  • Oct 29, 2007
  • #11
gashog said:
Looks killer, so what are your mods that got you those numbers?

I know you have the intake and tuner, what else?
Click to expand...

I posted a thread earlier w/ the #'s and mods but I've got Pulleys, H-Pipe, Intake, Tune as well as 4.10's.
 

aircare84

New Member
Sep 18, 2006
8
0
0
Oct 30, 2007
#12
  • Oct 30, 2007
  • #12
I got my JLT2 last year & painted myself to match.
Great product! Running Brenspeeds 93 tune.
 

Attachments

  • GT 097s.webp
    44.2 KB · Views: 259

walter

Founding Member
Aug 13, 1998
1,054
0
46
Houston TX
Nov 4, 2007
#13
  • Nov 4, 2007
  • #13
Well i took the plunge too...

Here's pics to show it!


I love it

Thanks Doug!!!!
 

Attachments

  • intake1.webp
    43.8 KB · Views: 255
  • intake2.webp
    44.8 KB · Views: 247
A

anticubicle

New Member
Jul 30, 2007
268
0
0
Nov 4, 2007
#14
  • Nov 4, 2007
  • #14
Grats Walter. Looks sick
 

Five Oh Brian

Member
Jun 13, 2007
552
1
16
Pacific Northwest
Nov 4, 2007
#15
  • Nov 4, 2007
  • #15
anticubicle said:
Make sure you get a Predator too. You'll need a tune for sure.
Click to expand...

Actually, the Predator was the first mod I bought for my 07 in preperation for the 4.10 gears that went in when the car was 2 weeks old (October 2006). After seeing your results, and similar reports from others, I ordered the JLT CAI a couple days ago. Just waiting for it to arrive now. My Predator has an "OEM" menu that allows me to easily switch which airbox is on the car (stock, C&L, JLT, WMS, supercharger, etc.), so it looks like tuning for the JLT will be easy as it's already in my tuner. Plus, I use the "firm shifting / 93 octane" tune.

From the looks of your high 12-second ET's, anticubicle, I may need better flowing exhaust to truly capitalize on the increased air going into the car. Especially, since I've bumped my redline to 7,000 rpm's (I shift at 6,500 rpm's at the track), have 4.10's, and a 3,800-4,000 rpm Fuddle Racing Stall Converter. I think that better exhaust will be important considering my car never revs below 3,800 rpm's at the track which such a loose converter.
 
A

anticubicle

New Member
Jul 30, 2007
268
0
0
Nov 4, 2007
#16
  • Nov 4, 2007
  • #16
Keep in mind, I had my car custom tuned by Kevin MacDonald at DiabloSport with a few of my own modifications. I'm not running the base JLT tune that's in the Predator.

What I suggest you do is try and get a hold of Kevin and see if he can do an email tune for you.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

N
SOLD Supercharged 1989 SSP Coupe $13,500 obo
  • notchlubber
  • Jul 17, 2018
  • Fox Body Mustangs For Sale (1979-93)
Replies
13
Views
13K
Fox Body Mustangs For Sale (1979-93) May 28, 2020
notchlubber
N
S
  • Locked
SOLD 2000 Ford Mustang Gt Nasa Cmc Racer Or Hpde
  • SPEED DETAILS
  • May 17, 2016
  • SN95 Mustangs For Sale (1994-04)
Replies
0
Views
5K
SN95 Mustangs For Sale (1994-04) May 17, 2016
SPEED DETAILS
S
C
  • Locked
SOLD 1986 Lx Coupe - Coyote Motor, Ccw's, T56, Mm Suspension
  • Coupester
  • Jan 23, 2014
  • Fox Body Mustangs For Sale (1979-93)
Replies
0
Views
10K
Fox Body Mustangs For Sale (1979-93) Jan 23, 2014
Coupester
C
B
  • Locked
Expired 00/03 Cobra Clone Fully Built Street/track Monster Kenne Bell
  • BOSS GT
  • Aug 20, 2013
  • SN95 Mustangs For Sale (1994-04)
Replies
4
Views
12K
SN95 Mustangs For Sale (1994-04) Oct 29, 2013
BOSS GT
B
  • Locked
FS: BBK 96-04 Mustang GT CAI Cold Air Intake System (Chrome) 1718
  • tobynt
  • Feb 14, 2012
  • Engine and Power Adder Parts
Replies
2
Views
2K
Engine and Power Adder Parts Feb 28, 2012
BradleyMustang3
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?