oldengine.jpg

oldengine1.jpg

oldengine2.jpg

oldengine3.jpg

oldengine4.jpg

oldengine5.jpg

oldengine6.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

I guess people don't like just ANY pics. :lol: 58 views, no comments.

I sold the engine for $275 - was that a descent deal? It had 197,000 miles on it. The rings were shot and they just got the long block minus intake, timing cover, water pump, etc.

Damn that Centerforce Flash Banner ad. Anytime it is at the top of the page, I can't click on anything without it opening a new window. :bang:

Anyway... my friend said it's worth between $250 and $300. I laughed and said, "you mean $275 then?"

A couple came and picked it up. They said their 16 year old daughter is buying it. The cash they gave me kinda showed me it was her money. There were 5 $1s in the bunch.

She's taking auto-tech classes. Paint and Body right now. And is building her first car. It's a 79 Mustang. She is learning to rebuild my old engine with her dad. Pretty cool if you ask me.

I told them it was a crack baby. They better put a big carb on it, or it'll miss it's bottle. :D

Damn 275$, I sold my longblock with 110-115k that had bad rings in #3 or 4 for 60$ and a line lock.

Its hard to get more than 100$ up here for a short or long block. Running in good cond. you could maybe ask 275$.

WOW and big congrats :nice: . Wish I would have been able to get that much.

Damn 275$, I sold my longblock with 110-115k that had bad rings in #3 or 4 for 60$ and a line lock.

Its hard to get more than 100$ up here for a short or long block. Running in good cond. you could maybe ask 275$.

WOW and big congrats :nice: . Wish I would have been able to get that much.

I can add a little more insult to it. They found me. I didn't even have to post the engine for sale anywhere..... AND they came and picked it up. :D

Man, that makes me think I got a steal on my engine. Low mileage 2000 Explorer longblock. Sold the GT40P heads off of it, and ended up with a shortblock for I wanna say $300, after a couple hundred that I got for the heads made back some of the difference.

Wish it was just as easy to get a used T-5...:nonono: Thats what I have been looking for to rebuild it to have a spare. I also considered getting a short block for a spare as well to rebuild it with just some forged internals but stock compression and cam, just want it to be strong not looking for much power...

Oil.... would you say it wasn't firing? The plug looked just like the rest of them. All looked good to me.

There was prolly some blowby on that cylinder. The oil was getting pulled in on the intake stroke and not completely burning in the combustion process. The girl that got it is going to get a chance to re-do everything on it. That's good. She got it to learn on. I hope they don't just throw a set of rings, bearings and an oil pump at it to call it done, though. :nonono:

There was prolly some blowby on that cylinder. The oil was getting pulled in on the intake stroke and not completely burning in the combustion process. The girl that got it is going to get a chance to re-do everything on it. That's good. She got it to learn on. I hope they don't just throw a set of rings, bearings and an oil pump at it to call it done, though. :nonono:

Ah... thanks for the info. I knew it looked odd, and I'm new to the internals.

That would explain the major loss in power. The engine still ran, didn't smoke ironically.... but had NO power. I didn't do a compression check when I pulled it. It was low a year and a half before that. :D I just kept spraying it.

And was she cute? She didn't come to pick up the engine. She called her parent's twice though to check on it. She wanted it pretty bad.... the engine that is. (dirty minded pervs) :rlaugh:

Her mom was pretty "nice" and she showed me a pic of the daughter on their cell phone. Someone is going to be a REAL lucky SOB and land this keeper. There's a chance she could be psycho, but which ones aren't. LOL

Her whole family should be joining us at our club's track rental. :nice: