• Community Forums
  • The Welcome Wagon

Please help brake light issues

  • Thread starter Thread starter 79mustangb
  • Start date Start date Aug 5, 2018
7

79mustangb

Member
Aug 5, 2018
8
1
13
Sacramento , California
Aug 5, 2018
#1
  • Aug 5, 2018
  • #1
I have 79 ford mustang 302 5.0. I am currently having brake light issues. I have power to the brake sensor wich is mounted above the brake petal. But when I step on the break , there is no power to the other wire. Do these sensors go bad? They were working and now there not.
 
7

79mustangb

Member
Aug 5, 2018
8
1
13
Sacramento , California
Aug 5, 2018
#2
  • Aug 5, 2018
  • #2
Here is a picture of what i think is the switch. I have power to one side but not the other.
 
Reactions: General karthief

General karthief

wonder how much it would cost to ship you a pair
Mod Dude
Aug 25, 2016
28,056
10,678
213
polk county florida
Aug 5, 2018
#3
  • Aug 5, 2018
  • #3
It's not a sensor, it's a switch, and yes, replace it, and welcome to stangnet. Come on over to the fox forums, the members don't bite, well maybe a little.
 
T

Trainertim

New Member
Aug 2, 2018
5
0
1
des moines
Aug 6, 2018
#4
  • Aug 6, 2018
  • #4
Good morning all. Just picked up my first ever Mustang. 95GT with 27,000 miles on her. Garage kept and everything orininal. I am 60 years old and was looking for a "Sunday afternoon" leasure driver, but found this for a price I could not pass on. She is spotless inside and out with all the original paperwork. Now the question, do I leave it original, or put on wheels, a little meaner exhaust, ect. I am not interested in high performance or speed and not loaded with tools or that type of knowledge. What do you think..update her a bit or dont touch her and leave evrything original.
 

Attachments

  • 20180731_094758-1.webp
    176.7 KB · Views: 131

General karthief

wonder how much it would cost to ship you a pair
Mod Dude
Aug 25, 2016
28,056
10,678
213
polk county florida
Aug 6, 2018
#5
  • Aug 6, 2018
  • #5
Well, since we are spending your money I'd up date the wheels and tires then put on a pair of mufflers that are a little more aggressive sounding, no real need to change the entire exhaust unless they are rusty. Get me a pretentious hat to wear and ride!
 
7

79mustangb

Member
Aug 5, 2018
8
1
13
Sacramento , California
Aug 13, 2018
#6
  • Aug 13, 2018
  • #6
General karthief said:
It's not a sensor, it's a switch, and yes, replace it, and welcome to stangnet. Come on over to the fox forums, the members don't bite, well maybe a little. Thanks. So I replaced the switch. Every time I push the pedal ,I blow a fuse and its loud. What can I do?
Click to expand...
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

H
Strange steering/brake issue
  • Haxmaster
  • Jun 2, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
1
Views
144
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Jun 3, 2026
squeak93
I
Engine Help requested in identifying how to resolve engine light issue
  • Ianslaney
  • Sunday at 2:23 PM
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
1
Views
54
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Sunday at 2:40 PM
Bullitt347
W
Front ATS brakes with Taurus rear brakes. Full parts needed?
  • Wagonized
  • Sep 24, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
3
Views
154
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Sep 25, 2026
General karthief
D
Mustang not starting
  • Dawry Ramos
  • Sep 12, 2026
  • 2015 - 2023 Specific Tech
Replies
10
Views
244
2015 - 2023 Specific Tech Saturday at 9:20 AM
Dawry Ramos
D
P
Rear disk brake caliper parking brake adjustment
  • parrotguy
  • Oct 23, 2025
  • 1974 - 1978 Mustang II Talk & Tech
Replies
4
Views
335
1974 - 1978 Mustang II Talk & Tech Oct 24, 2025
2Blue2
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Community Forums
  • The Welcome Wagon
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?