Engine Please help! Issues starting, running, idling

Dustin2v

May 6, 2019
TN
Hello, I have a 2001 5 speed GT and i recently ran into some trouble. I drove my car down the road for about 30 minutes and my car just up and died after missing for a few seconds. I went to start it back and it would try to hit once and not start. It did this for days. I decided to charge the battery and try again the next day. It started and i let it idle for 30 minutes and it just up and quit again. So i tried cranking it for awhile and it would start if you gave it gas but wouldn’t idle. But when it did start it sounded god awful with the smell of fuel coming out the exhaust. It isn’t throwing any codes either. But it seems like it isn’t hitting on all cylinders at times as well. But when it started an ran for the 30 minutes it ran flawlessly. In dire need of some help If anyone has any suggestions.

• Sponsors (?)

That is a fuel pressure regulator. Anyway glad you found the fix and reported back. Most times we never hear from them again.
Sooooo, what is next on the list? Turbocharger? Fuzzy dice?

Well when i bought it, it was listed under fuel pressure sensor. But next will be new exhaust from headers back then turbo lol

Reactions: 1 user