Please help me, 2000 mustang v8

wjeff01

Aug 10, 2011
Hello, I just bought a 2000 convertible mustang v8. I took it to Advanced Auto Parts and they hooked up their small machine to my battery and said that my alternator is bad. Then I took it to my mechanic and he hooked up his machine and he said that my alternator is fine. The dealer put a brand new battery in it when bought it 5 days ago. On my way home from my mechanic, my battery light came on.
I took it back to my mechanic the next day and he looked closer at the battery terminals and said there is some corrosion. So, he used a steel brush and got the corrosion off. Then he checked it again and said everything is fine. Then later on that night, my batter light came on again. Will someone please tell me what they think is wrong? I'm about to lose my mind!

Thanks to all who respond, Jeff

• Sponsors (?)

Welcome, sad to here already having problems with a you just bought. Not a mechanic by any means, but I'm going to have to assume that they were right at the auto part store. If you haven't replaced you alternator yet, and your battery keeps dying that will probably be your problem, since the job of your alternator is to keepy your battery charging while your car is running.

^ welcome im new and just got a 04 mustang. i will have to agree that if your battery isnt charging to start at the alternator. good luck hope its an easy fix to clear your mind and enjoy the car.