Please help me pick a cam??

2002BLGT

Dec 18, 2003
Bedford VA
Ordered a typhoon intake 70 mm TB and egr plage and GT40 Y303 aluminum heads , how would a B303 cam be in 93 lx 5spd , I will probably be doing a granatelli 75mm MAF with accel 24 lb injectors (already changed to a A9L computer) , and 190 lph holley fuel pump ...but if you guys suggest a different cam I am open to suggestions ....and also , would it be in my best interest to get ARP head bolts or even studs for these new heads ????? suggestions please ????

• Sponsors (?)

If you are going to go through that much work there are plenty of cams that would be a better choice than the "B". I would try to find a split duration cam. Maybe look into the Extreme Energy cams. They always seem to do well. Or spend a little more and get a FTI cam.

I would definitaly get ARP bolts for the build just to have a good peice of mind. I perfer studs over bolts due to the idea of torquing a nut down on a stud rather than a bolt. But thats just me.

I'm in the process of pulling my engine to rebuild it and I can't decide which cam to go with either. I thought about getting the trick flow stage 1. I would like to get a split duration cam because I heard they were better, but I don't know. :shrug:
I'll probably just get the trick flow stage 1 unless someone leads me in a different direction.

I have the Trick Flow stage 1 and I like it a lot. I have it installed 4* advanced and it rips. I didn't notice any loss in bottom end. It also has a really good sounding idle. If you have the extra money, a custom cam would be the best choice, but the TF stg 1 is cheap and works very well. I'm happy with it.

Chris6050 said:
I have the Trick Flow stage 1 and I like it a lot. I have it installed 4* advanced and it rips. I didn't notice any loss in bottom end. It also has a really good sounding idle. If you have the extra money, a custom cam would be the best choice, but the TF stg 1 is cheap and works very well. I'm happy with it.

I second the TFS 1 cam. I am running it 4* advanced with a ported Typhoon and 1.7 RR's and I love it. Good cam for a good price and a really nice idle.

Tim

he trickflow cams are nice becasue they are split duration and economicly priced.

the only question that i have for 2002 is that why would you switch to a a9l computer? your car should have came with one stock.

N8Miller said:
he trickflow cams are nice becasue they are split duration and economicly priced.

the only question that i have for 2002 is that why would you switch to a a9l computer? your car should have came with one stock.

it had a A3M or some crap in it , had no top end at all , it was dead after 4000 rpms now it pulls good to about 4700-4800 , eighth mile only trapped 74-75 mph running it pretty hard with decent spin out the hole , I am hoping with 2 more degrees of timing and the A9L it should trap about 78 mph in the eighth next time out which hopefully will be tonight