Please, need info on MAF

rocknroll

Founding Member
Mar 7, 2001
Mission, Ks.
Hello all,

Currently I have a 77 mm Pro-M that netted me 11 hp on the dyno. I am looking into getting a fender to TB CAI with a 95 mm Pro-M. Anyone know, or have experience with the 95 mm on a stock car? It is kind of pricey so I was wondering if there would be any gain or is it overkill? Thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

rocknroll said:
Hello all,

Currently I have a 77 mm Pro-M that netted me 11 hp on the dyno. I am looking into getting a fender to TB CAI with a 95 mm Pro-M. Anyone know, or have experience with the 95 mm on a stock car? It is kind of pricey so I was wondering if there would be any gain or is it overkill Thanks in advance.

Allow me to ramble a bit...
MAF gains on N/A cars (if any) are very hit or miss. The ones that gain are because they're leaning out your a/f. Whenever you change a MAF, without changing anything in the EEC, the transfer function residing in the EEC will now be mismatched. Remember, the stock transfer function is matched to your existing MAF so it really is hit ir miss. You're better off playing with the programming end than even buying a new MAF. Course, there are limits - that why power-adder cars do have to upgrade - but you'll notice that we always accompany that with a chip....

peace

Rocknroll, those Dyno numbers look good I have Long tubes, see my sig. But I was running 11:1 A/F. What was your A/F. I have since changed my air intake and need to go back to the dyno in the spring to see if I have leaned out.

rocknroll said:
Thanks for the info TAT. I hear what you are saying. My car does run VERY rich (from the factory that way) and the new MAF leaned it out just a little, just wondering if a larger one would help lean it some more?

It really has nothing to do with the size (mm) of the MAF. Its the calibration in the electronics. If you're just looking to lean it out, there are better ways than swapping MAF's though

peace

97rmcobra said:
Rocknroll, those Dyno numbers look good I have Long tubes, see my sig. But I was running 11:1 A/F. What was your A/F. I have since changed my air intake and need to go back to the dyno in the spring to see if I have leaned out.

97, my a/f was also 11:1, which from what I understand is very rich. These were the stock numbers (258hp). I'm not sure what it was once I put the MAF on, and then the h-pipe as I didn't test it those times. However, the combo of the MAF and H-pipe gave me an additional 25 hp (current 283) so I assume that along with the better air it was leaned out some.

I plan on retesting the a/f in the spring and if it is still rich may go with an aftermarket chip to try and lean it out, however I don't have a dyno that tunes and burns chips close-by, so I will have to take a chance with a mailorder.

RocknRoll WOW 25HP from the MAF and H-pipe. So you never got the A/F when you were at the dyno that time. Does the Pro-m bolt right up to the K&N FIPK and the stock intake tube after the MAF. Sounds like a good investment.