Pls help!!! My 93 foxbody lx 2.3 won’t start

Sh1tboxFox

Jan 31, 2021
Arkansas
Good afternoon gents, so I’m having a problem getting my foxbody to start. It would turn on but I would have to jump it every time, then all a sudden it wouldn’t even start, I would hear a rapid clicking noise so I replaced the starter, when I disconnected the battery the positive terminal touched a metal piece and it popped and when I tried to start the car I wouldn’t even crank. Just a battery symbol would pop up on the dash when I would turn the ignition on and like a click sound. I replaced the starter ( the little gear wouldn’t pop out it would just spin), I also changed the starter relay and the battery
Is there a fuse or could it be the ignition switch?

• Sponsors(?)

Sh1tboxFox

Jan 31, 2021
Arkansas
Good afternoon gents, so I’m having a problem getting my foxbody to start. It would turn on but I would have to jump it every time, then all a sudden it wouldn’t even start, I would hear a rapid clicking noise so I replaced the starter, when I disconnected the battery the positive terminal touched a metal piece and it popped and when I tried to start the car I wouldn’t even crank. Just a battery symbol would pop up on the dash when I would turn the ignition on and like a click sound. I replaced the starter ( the little gear wouldn’t pop out it would just spin), I also changed the Side fender mounted starter relay and the battery
Is there a fuse or could it be the ignition switch?
*Side fender mounted starter relay*

90sickfox

Wasn't a pretty sight...and I've got big hands
SN Certified Technician
Mar 2, 2015
The wires connected to the starter relay on the firewall are fusible links. One of them could've fried. You can check them with a test light.