Poll....best Bolt-on For Under $500

• Sponsors (?)

I can't believe how many of you say shifter? I've never driven a stang with an aftermarket shifter so i can't really say. But does it really make that big of a difference???

Also, how much time do you think could be knocked off your 1/4 going from 2.73's to 3.73's in a 5spd???

are tires really worth that much???? I didn't realize they could be worth a second off time... That being said, it begs the question....What tires are best????

mike keirstead, did you have to change springs with your cam and roller rocker setup?? thanks Larry

bigsparky said:
I can't believe how many of you say shifter? I've never driven a stang with an aftermarket shifter so i can't really say. But does it really make that big of a difference???

Also, how much time do you think could be knocked off your 1/4 going from 2.73's to 3.73's in a 5spd???

Until you have an aftermarket shifter or have driven a car with one you don't really know what your missing out on. The difference is huge IMO. I could NEVER go back to the stock shifter it is a total POS.

mike keirstead said:
silverbullet
what do you MAXED OUT AT 5000

The RPM needle stops at 5000, and there's no more power after that. I was told that it should go all the way to the rev limiter at 6250.

Can a bad Distributor be the cause of that? That's what the shop where my car is told me.

Thanks

Either your tach is absolulty screwed or you have an ignition problem . Mine will rev to 5800 but it dont sound good with the springs i have so i dont go past 5300. I am putting ported gt-40s on and should rev 5800-6000 no problem.
You need to get that checked out. Maybe a coil or distributor could be junk. How many miles on the car? I put a crane ignition on my car and it really woke it up.

'Nother vote for gear and shifter. Gear obviously added more kick, but after changing the shifter I will never put up with a stock shifter again. Like mush. If you don't want to fork out the $100 bucks for the shifter, solid bushings will still feel light years better than the rubber.