Possible TPS problem

icastrocorella

Apr 29, 2019
Mexico
Hi, all. Im driving a 2011 5.0 Mustang, down in Mexico. I love my car, but about three months ago, I started with a problem I havent been able to fix. It all started when I took my car for a windshield change. Once it got out from there, the horror began. It went in with no codes on the instrument cluster, and once it was out, I saw the following:

- Service Engine soon
- ABS
- TCS
- TCS off
- Electronic throttle control

The immediate effect on all this was that the car accelerated very slow, but had no problem with getting a high speed (took a long time, though). So, first mechanic said it was a problem with the accelerator pedal. Got it from AutoZone at $ 180, changed it and worked for a couple of days until the ETC came up again. Took it again and the guy said that it was the same problem. So, I bought again but now from Ford dealer, at $ 130 (yes, cheaper than AutoZone). So, changed it and worked for a month. By "worked" I mean that acceleration was now normal, but the only light that went off was the ETC, everything else kept on. Then, I got another problem, the engine goes off. I turn it on, and it goes on, but it dies after 2 seconds. Took it back to the mechanic and after 3 weeks, he told me that the Pressure Control Module for the fuel pump was not getting enough voltage from the ECU. So he put a wire direct from the battery, to that module, and it now stays on. And now, the ETC problem comes back again, however not always. It works fine for 2 o 3 days, then it comes up again for 2 days, then works fine for another 2 or 3 days, then another 3 days malfunctioning, and so on. Any idea? Last thing the mechanic said was a problem with the ECU and it needs to be replaced.

I would appreciate very much any ideas of what could be the problem, I just wanna hit the road again.

• Sponsors (?)