• Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech

Powered By Ford

  • Thread starter Thread starter 69Mustangman
  • Start date Start date Nov 30, 2004
6

69Mustangman

New Member
Aug 26, 2004
14
0
0
Nov 30, 2004
#1
  • Nov 30, 2004
  • #1
I am looking for some chrome valve covers that say "Powered By Ford" for my '69 Sportsroof. It has a 351 in it, and it is all chromed out so I want the valve covers to be chrome to so they will match. I have found black ones and alloy ones, but no chrome. Does anyone know where I could find them?
 

68rustang

Active Member
Jan 17, 2003
1,537
0
36
Cleveland, OH
Nov 30, 2004
#2
  • Nov 30, 2004
  • #2
69Mustangman said:
I am looking for some chrome valve covers that say "Powered By Ford" for my '69 Sportsroof. It has a 351 in it, and it is all chromed out so I want the valve covers to be chrome to so they will match. I have found black ones and alloy ones, but no chrome. Does anyone know where I could find them?
Click to expand...

I just saw some at a swap meet last weekend. Don't know who made them, they were brand new. So I am no help but at least you know they are out there.
 

69Rcode_Mach1

Active Member
Apr 20, 2004
1,473
1
37
Salt Lake City, Utah
Nov 30, 2004
#3
  • Nov 30, 2004
  • #3
Those are the factory valve covers that came on the 69 mach 1's with the 351 Windsor. I have those on mine they are nice.
 

Max Power

Active Member
Jul 31, 2003
1,774
1
36
St Paul
Dec 1, 2004
#4
  • Dec 1, 2004
  • #4
Hmmm, I don't remember the factory ever putting chrome valve covers on any 351 windsors.....
 
6

69Mustangman

New Member
Aug 26, 2004
14
0
0
Dec 2, 2004
#5
  • Dec 2, 2004
  • #5
69Rcode_Mach1 said:
Those are the factory valve covers that came on the 69 mach 1's with the 351 Windsor. I have those on mine they are nice.
Click to expand...

They came chrome from the factory? Where would I find some?
 

fvike

Member
Aug 24, 2004
335
0
16
Mosjøen, Norway
Dec 2, 2004
#6
  • Dec 2, 2004
  • #6
Year One has them. You'll find them in the preformance section, under Ford Racing>Valve Covers. P/N FR1033
It doesn't say chrome, but polished aluminium. Here's the link:
http://www.yearone.com/serverfiles/part.asp?pid=FR1033&c=0&e=0&cat=E&hid=E26BD54354
 
6

69Mustangman

New Member
Aug 26, 2004
14
0
0
Dec 2, 2004
#7
  • Dec 2, 2004
  • #7
fvike said:
Year One has them. You'll find them in the preformance section, under Ford Racing>Valve Covers. P/N FR1033
It doesn't say chrome, but polished aluminium. Here's the link:
http://www.yearone.com/serverfiles/part.asp?pid=FR1033&c=0&e=0&cat=E&hid=E26BD54354
Click to expand...

Thanks for the info. I would also like to say your Stang looks killer!!!
 

69Rcode_Mach1

Active Member
Apr 20, 2004
1,473
1
37
Salt Lake City, Utah
Dec 2, 2004
#8
  • Dec 2, 2004
  • #8
If you want to see the valve covers and see if they are the same thing go to my post it has pics of my engine before i took it apart.

Here is the link: http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?p=4798337&posted=1
 

Max Power

Active Member
Jul 31, 2003
1,774
1
36
St Paul
Dec 3, 2004
#9
  • Dec 3, 2004
  • #9
I saw that in you thread and I was surprised. I have never seen those before and don't remember an engine dress up package ever offered for a 351. Did they come on your car new or were they pinched off a 302 somewhere along the line?
 

69Rcode_Mach1

Active Member
Apr 20, 2004
1,473
1
37
Salt Lake City, Utah
Dec 3, 2004
#10
  • Dec 3, 2004
  • #10
Those came with my car from the factory.
 

Max Power

Active Member
Jul 31, 2003
1,774
1
36
St Paul
Dec 3, 2004
#11
  • Dec 3, 2004
  • #11
What was the option code, do you know?
 

69Rcode_Mach1

Active Member
Apr 20, 2004
1,473
1
37
Salt Lake City, Utah
Dec 3, 2004
#12
  • Dec 3, 2004
  • #12
I honestly have no idea sorry. Ive shown them to Ronstang and he has seen those before.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

S
Best place to source power steering parts for a '67? (control valve, ram, hoses)
  • SophiaTatum
  • Jun 15, 2026
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech
Replies
2
Views
143
Classic Mustang Specific Tech Jun 18, 2026
SophiaTatum
S
O
SOLD FS: 18" FR500 chrome wheels and Toyo tires
  • optionizerSS
  • May 21, 2026
  • Other Classifieds
Replies
1
Views
203
Other Classifieds Jun 2, 2026
optionizerSS
O
S
1965 Mustang with 80s 5.0 engine in it Power Steering hose or connection ID?
  • spearce
  • May 19, 2026
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech
Replies
2
Views
166
Classic Mustang Specific Tech Jun 8, 2026
AeroCoupe
S
Fox Another try for the European guy to get his first Fox
  • Schargedfox
  • Aug 3, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
10
Views
314
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 4, 2026
DadLife0724
B
Idler pulley as substitute for Power Steering Pump ?
  • Bhenders
  • Jul 15, 2026
  • Other Auto Tech
Replies
5
Views
257
Other Auto Tech Jul 16, 2026
LILCBRA
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?