Pretty cool S197 tuner Mustang

85_SS_302_Coupe

it sucks (I know) to be on the receiving end
15 Year Member
Nov 11, 2003
Northern KY
It's a bit ricerish in some places, like the stupid wing and the body kit is a little over done....but with 520hp, 0-60 in under 4.2 seconds and a top speed of 179mph, it's pretty badass. If they'd just lose the wing and paint it all black it would look pretty sweet.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/09/22/geigercars-builds-uber-stang-the-mustang-gt-520/

1-geiger-cars-mustang-gt-520.jpg

5-geiger-cars-mustang-gt-520.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Thats sweet!. i think he was kinda going for the GTR concept mustang look except he used a lil darker orange. the wing actually helps on that car. i would drive a 179mph car without sometype of wing or body kit. put downforce on the front and rear of the car with em.

did yall happen to read the comments about it from the GL1 guy
sure it isn't bad looking and has Ok performance.. but this after market upgrade cost has gotta bring it up to what 65k or so right ? Just buy a corvete Z06 for that price and it'll blow the doors off of this pile of crap like it was parked.. Ford still hasn't learned about cubic inches and torque and engine reliability.. also their suspension systems are still in the sixty's..

Andre Neves.. i feel sorry for you that you worked on Fords and yes I have first hand esperience with a 1998 mustang GT, it was the biggest pile of crap i ever owned I sold it at 27,000 miles because the clutch went out and the transmission and the CD sound system adn the brakes all in less than 24,000 miles. if that isn't the definition of a piece of **** i don't know what is.. i went back to a corvette and in 67,000 miles it still has the original clutch,brakes sound system and transmission totally untouched and to answer your other question it would BLOW that doors off of the Mustang GT like it was parked so, the loosing a race to it is rediculous as its in the shop more than its on the road.
What a fraking dumbass. im sure the mustang is prolly 520rwhp and the C6 Z06 is only rated at 505 but dont know if its underated or not but i think the mustang would beat it with pros driving the cars. The IRS in the Z06 sucks. a guy at beach bend raceway in KY broke his and the car only had 5k on it and got out smoking a cig:nonono:

Its got a tuner look but its not quite over the top yet. The front end is ALMOST a bit much and I dont care for the color though. Id like to see it in black, with a spoiler in place of the wing.

Ehh I think it looks bad personally, and for the guy saying it would beat a Z06, Im not sure on that. A pro has been low low 11s on one bone stock, and 10s with just a set of DRs (10.8) both at near 130 mph. The Vette is mid to upper 400s to the tire, but weighs a ton less, and once you get over the torque management they scream! You really cant get a new Z06 for $65K, but for a little more you get a much better car in my eyes!

I dont agree with their Fords suck statements, as I have only had good luck with mine, but what can you do, its an opinion!

i am so sick and tired of the mustang vette comparison, they are two totaly differant classes of cars, i also hate all the snobs that drive the damn things, especially the c4 guys that talk about how well they handle blah blah blah, such bs give me the price of a used c5 vette say 22,000 i will go find a used mustang and do a few things here and there and kick the crap out of anything short of the new zo6, skidpad included i may not be able to make it pretty for that but i could make it run like hell

Yeah it's funny how they compare a 50k car to a 25k car...twice the price well i guess it should handle better huh? Like you said though, give me the 80k to buy a new Z06 and i'll build a Mustang of any year that will destroy the Vette in all catagories except maybe top speed. There isn't much you can do about aerodynamics.

If they wanna make a true comparison, it should be the vette vs. the Ford GT. C4 vettes were and are crap and the '98 C5 is a money pit to keep running. When I'm done with my 393 I'll have around 5k in it and I'd be willing to put it up against most vettes.

Well if you compare the Vette to the GT its just as unfair. The Vette is half the cost and as much the car. The Mustang in THIS situation is compared to the Vette because it is very similar in cost. And in this case of a $65K Mustang vs a $70K Vette, the Vette would probably make it look stupid (or more so than it already does). I agree comparing the Vette to the GT500 and the Mustang GT, is stupid, but in this scenario I dont see a problem with it.

And for all the guys saying give me this and this and Ill buy a used Mustang, so be it. Your car might handle better, go faster and such, but it still isnt the new Z06. It will be YOUR perfect car, but wont have a warrenty, wont have the engineering that went into the Vette, probably wont have the heated seats and navigation like the Vette, etc... Its fun and all, but to take away from that car by saying you will build up and old used Mustang is a pretty bad comparison!

Cant knock the Z06, its is on par with super cars, and still comes in at a reasonable price!

Well it's like i said the last time that debate came around...if you want refinement then why own a Mustang? If you're talking performance vs. performance than for the price it can be had for less...that's my only point to be made. Sure, the Z06 is a sick car and for a mere 80k vs. 250k or more for some exotics you'll get less performance for your dollar....but at the same time, you will get a higher quality car than the Z06, and you'll get exclusivity and a car that'll probably be worth more in 20 years.

It all comes down to what makes you happy. In the end, my old beat up coupe might be faster and everything, but yeah it won't be as comfortable and it won't have the warrantee...but i wasn't arguing those points, only the performance aspect of it.

To be honest if i had the 80k to spend and i didn't put it into my car, i'd probably build a Superformance Cobra Daytona Coupe and smoke just about everything on the street.

I know I may not be a wine and cheese connoisseur and really couldn't give a rats hairy one about heated seats and the finer pleasures the C6 has to offer.

This is a Mustang forum and the vette fans esp c4 bubbas should go and play at the gm kiddy park. If I had 80k to puke away on a ride, I'd put in a crate 514 just to see the looks on thier faces at superchevy events.

I am by far a GM fan, hell the only GM our family owns is a 91 Blazer that my sister drives in the snow. I just know a LOT of Mustang guys who bash every aspect of the Vette, and their whole fight against it, is they can buy an 87 notch and put $80K into it, and go faster. Sure you can, you can buy an 87 Chevette and throw 80K into it and go faster, it should NEVER take away from the vette.

You personally might not like those ameneties, but I actually do. Id love a 10 second street car, with heated leather, navigation, not a single squeek or rattle, quiet, and get 28 mpg not to mention if I broke something, someone else pays for it.

On the same hand as the Vette owners, I know a lot of cocky Mustang owners that look down on Imports same as the Vette guys look down on Mustang guys... Its a viscious circle as what you complain about vette owners, can be said about Mustang owners. With all that said I am a HUGE fan of the new Z06 (haha, obviousely), and would take one in a heartbeat. if I had $80K to spend, it wouldnt go into a car, but if I had $80 to spend on a car, theres a good chance Id spend it on my Mustang, and then buy a nice daily driver. If I had $80K to play with and had other things I wanted, and was living comfortably, Id probably have me a Z06!