Pretty new to the Mustang game, need some advise please

jason1122

Apr 18, 2011
Ok I have a 2000 Mustang Gt 5 speed. I purchased the Vortech V2 blower,anderson racing power pipe 42 lb injectors 3.33 pully(11lbs or more) Ford racing Lightning MAf mickey thompsons e/t streets walboro 255 pump and tr6 plugs. Im waiting on the pully to get here to istall. . Was aloso thinking of 4.10 or 3.73 gears all this will be done by the end of next week.My question is what am I missing any other opinions? Im having it tuned by a local shop I think there gona use the diablo chip. Motor is stock but has been recently refreshed All opinions would help me very much guys thanks.

Here are a couple of pics.

mustang12.jpg

gt4.jpg

secks.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

4.10 seems pretty steep for a manual. I've got the old optional 3.27 and I'm thinking 3.55 so I don't run out of gear too fast in my 60'. But that is my theory... Don't go over 3.73s.

I'm going to eventually get some MM HD LCAs. I think those will help my torque issues. I'm putting on Nitto 555R (315s) so I don't think I will hook up as well as you. But I don't want to break anything either. The brakes are not an issue.

This is going to be an interesting race season... keep posting up what happens... :nice:

My set up is almost exactly the same except I stayed with the 3.6 pulley. I went with the cobra tank and pumps. direct plug and play. I read a lot about the walbro's burning up, tuner said just go with the cobra tank good up to 550 hp or something. so its more than I'll ever use.

I got 4.10's I wasnt planning on a s/c when I put those in. oh well see how it goes.

so I have decided not to do 410s andjust have 373. My pullies came in today but I'm afraid of the 3.33 pully now. I was told just to do an intercooler and it will be fine. My other concern is fuel. I can't find the svt focus part number any help will be awsome. This season will be fun for sure. Should be puttin down good numbers ( if it don't go kaboom lol)

3.73s or fail, the 4.6n/a love 4.10s but any type of power adder needs 3.73s and lower. even on a fresh 4.6 most will tell you no more then 9psi or 400hp, unless its intercooled then 12psi will suffice. good luck and nice build