Price of the 2005 GT?

• Sponsors (?)

I stand corrected, in fact I recently read that the 2005 gt might be in the 26,900 ballpark. The carsdirect site merely lists some interesting info on the 05. Nicely loaded w/500 w shaker, interior upgrade hopefully under 30k.

sajawebb said:
I stand corrected, in fact I recently read that the 2005 gt might be in the 26,900 ballpark. The carsdirect site merely lists some interesting info on the 05. Nicely loaded w/500 w shaker, interior upgrade hopefully under 30k.

I don't think the gt will start at 27000. Maybe 27000 nicely loaded, but not starting. Ford said they hoped to keep it the same price as the 04's, so I think that it will start at 24-25k

JVX said:
http://autos.msn.com/advice/articles/previews/default.aspx?page=1&***=spring2005#top

Under $20,000?

"Mustang will be available with a choice of two engines. The base will feature a 200-horsepower V6, while the GT sports a V8 producing 300 horsepower. Both models will have a base MSRP less than $20,000."

Wouldn't that be nice.

That can't be right.. brand new car, essentially from the ground up... the price will NOT go down. They spent too much on R&D... this platform will be around for decades, body for 4-5 years, interior for more maybe. They need to recoop R&D costs. Ford won't turn a profit on the Mustang for at least 2-3 years. No way in hell the price will be less than it is now. I wish that weren't the case, but – hey! – we're in a capitalist society here.