Pricing of 2005 Mustangs

• Sponsors (?)

If we go simply by stated facts. The prices are under $20k for the V6. And under $30k for the V8. There is a lot of speculation with a little amount of fact behind it. Ther reality is I have seen no confirmed prices yet.

I'm going to go ahead and hedge my bets on... $26,xxx for a base GT, and fully optioned it could hit $29,xxx, ... I think they should shy far away from the 30k mark and reserve the 30k+ market for loaded convertibles and for specialty models (Shelby, SVT, etc).

Anyone have an idea of the 5.4L will fit in the '05 chassis? It'd be nice to see a Saleen and/or Roush with balls again.... The S281 supercharged had its doors blow off by stock base model Z28's....

-Michael

I thought a few months ago it was said that prices would increase only slightly...

Wasn't there a thread somewhere with text from Ford saying there would be very slight price increases, something like a couple hundred bucks?...

Basenji guy said:
Wasn't there a thread somewhere with text from Ford saying there would be very slight price increases, something like a couple hundred bucks?...

The list price will probably not go up that much but you won't have all of the incentives, discounted financing and dealer discounts so your price paid will probably be a few thousand higher than the current car. (Unless the economy tanks or the car sucks so that Ford need incentives to move the iron.)