Printer refill kits?

• Sponsors (?)

i used em at a place i used to work at (cheap freaks!)

they are not a scam and they do work, sorta. wear a THICK leather apron and shoulder high rubber gloves (like the ones for birthing cattle) and a face mask. you might comeout with no ink on you. what a freakin mess. if you decide to do just do it somewhere you don't mind permanently staining.

65: true but HPs are a heck of alot better than lexmark's ( I can safely say that having been a computer technician for several years.) Plus it is terribly inconvenient and wasteful to replace a printer every time it runs out of ink.

I tried them on the crappy Lexmark printer I used to have. The black ink would always clog the printer head and the colors were too thin or something because they would always mix during printing so I couldn't get pure colors (ie. if I tried printing yellow it would show up as brown).

Definitely not worth the hassle and poor quality.

-Chelle

my mom uses a company that refills the cartridges. you leave your old cartridge and pick up a new one. I think It costs her around $5. she hasnt had a problem with them, other than the do not seem to last as long as the manufactured ones.

skywalker said:
65: true but HPs are a heck of alot better than lexmark's ( I can safely say that having been a computer technician for several years.) Plus it is terribly inconvenient and wasteful to replace a printer every time it runs out of ink.

tru, but i mean, you cant beat $55 to your door for a whole new printer when all you do is print word documents, esp when the cartridges for it are $70 for the color and black. We have an epson if we have to print photos. (I can say that because I use to work at a printer ink sales places ;-) ) and yes, inksell.com is a very good place for reman cartridges. Though at the place I used to work at we could beat their prices :)

After much trial and error experience in the Ag. room at school, It's safe to say that you would have better luck using colored topical "kills everything" anti-infectants, such as Iodine (like the kind used in treating livestock), Blu-Kote, and Red-Kote then a refil kit. OMG! That stuff gets EVERYWHERE! I had a blueish- purple spot on my leg for like 2 weeks, approximately a week and a half longer then Blu-Kote stains. Find a cheap place online to buy your cartridges. For my Apollo ( HP knockoff) it's like 35 a pop, black or color, but a friend of mine recently told me a couple of places online that I'm looking into that sell the particular cartridges for my printer for $10-$15.

~1/2NK

1/2 No Kttn said:
After much trial and error experience in the Ag. room at school, It's safe to say that you would have better luck using colored topical "kills everything" anti-infectants, such as Iodine (like the kind used in treating livestock), Blu-Kote, and Red-Kote then a refil kit. OMG!

[John Hillerman ("Higgins" from Magnum, PI) voice ON] oh......my......GAWD! Did my maiden offspring just utter the term "ohmyga-ahd"??? [/John Hillerman voice]

1/2 No Kttn said:
Find a cheap place online to buy your cartridges. For my Apollo ( HP knockoff) it's like 35 a pop, black or color, but a friend of mine recently told me a couple of places online that I'm looking into that sell the particular cartridges for my printer for $10-$15.

~1/2NK

YAYYYYYYYYYYY!!!! Considering she uses (you figure out whose) Visa card to order this stuff!
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Still Dreamin'

StangDreamin' said:
[John Hillerman ("Higgins" from Magnum, PI) voice ON] oh......my......GAWD! Did my maiden offspring just utter the term "ohmyga-ahd"??? [/John Hillerman voice]

YAYYYYYYYYYYY!!!! Considering she uses (you figure out whose) Visa card to order this stuff!
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Still Dreamin'

oh man, i just love dads quotes/replies to his daughter :rlaugh:

mxzx446 said:
Too late, already have like 30+ of them

Just noticed your location; and that's kind of small herd, isn"t it? Couple years before I was born here in AZ (only native of this state in my generation); my Mom and Dad ran an average 65-70 head outside what was Clarkson Township outside of Brockport. (This was back in the late 40's through '59 and his farm was about average size in the neighborhood)

Still Dreamin'

65fastback2+2 said:
esp when the cartridges for it are $70 for the color and black.

That's one nice thing about the Canon printer I haven now. All the colors are separate. So if I run out of yellow but still have blue & red I can just replace the yellow. And the color cartridges are only about $10 each.

-Chelle

I haven't heard too many good reveiws about the refill kits. All of the online sites will be about 20 dollars cheaper for remanned cartridges. I guess I will go ahead and bend over and buy new ones :( . At least I know they will work right. Thanks for the help.