• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech

Problems with Longtubes and cold O2's?

  • Thread starter Thread starter lamrith
  • Start date Start date Feb 22, 2004

lamrith

Founding Member
Jun 7, 2000
1,386
2
38
Tacoma, WA
Feb 22, 2004
#1
  • Feb 22, 2004
  • #1
Hey all, I am putting long tubes on my car with 95cobra set-up. I am worried a little about the O2's being cold and causing problems. Is that a issue?? What if any problems will I experience?
 

1105

I AM the random post master...bow down
May 3, 2003
3,841
0
0
Daytona Bch, FL
Feb 22, 2004
#2
  • Feb 22, 2004
  • #2
The only problem the cold O2's will give you is your car will run a little rich at idle. A FPR will take care of that for you.
 

Rootus

Officially Addicted
Feb 8, 2003
6,659
1
0
Portland, Oregon
Feb 22, 2004
#3
  • Feb 22, 2004
  • #3
I only experience issues when the temperature outside is pretty cold, generally less than 50*. I setup the EEC to run in open loop at idle, which solved that problem.

Dave
 

lamrith

Founding Member
Jun 7, 2000
1,386
2
38
Tacoma, WA
Feb 22, 2004
#4
  • Feb 22, 2004
  • #4
Thanks Dave. I also have a twEECer, but honestly I am trying to work toward setting her up to run without it, which is why I am looking at switching the cam out.

Anyone got a stock cam laying around??
 

1105

I AM the random post master...bow down
May 3, 2003
3,841
0
0
Daytona Bch, FL
Feb 22, 2004
#5
  • Feb 22, 2004
  • #5
lamrith said:
Anyone got a stock cam laying around??
Click to expand...
I do... not sure if I want to part with it incase I ever want to put it back in. How much are you willing to pay before I make up my mind. I'm trying to keep all of my stock parts but doubt I'll ever use it.
 

lamrith

Founding Member
Jun 7, 2000
1,386
2
38
Tacoma, WA
Feb 22, 2004
#6
  • Feb 22, 2004
  • #6
I am sure I can find one local. I am not looking to spend more than about $20 for a used stock cam.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Engine Keeping O2 sensors lit with long tube headers
  • keel
  • Jul 30, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
4
Views
215
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Aug 21, 2026
Qtrhrse23
A
P0036 P0056 P0137 P0157 2020 Ford Mustang GT
  • AmkoA
  • Jun 16, 2026
  • 2024+ (S650) Mustang -General/Talk
Replies
0
Views
238
2024+ (S650) Mustang -General/Talk Jun 16, 2026
AmkoA
A
L
Electrical problems with passenger side downstream o2 sensor
  • Lexiii12
  • Sep 14, 2026
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
0
Views
89
2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 14, 2026
Lexiii12
L
W
Helpful information for O2 sensors and Longtube headers
  • Warhorse85
  • Aug 16, 2025
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
0
Views
238
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Aug 16, 2025
Warhorse85
W
Engine Random Misfire at idle.
  • Gulftown980x
  • Jul 29, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
11
Views
462
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Jul 31, 2026
squeak93
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?