• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech

Problems with P.I. Intake on NP.I. cars

  • Thread starter Thread starter ninetyseven
  • Start date Start date Mar 4, 2004
N

ninetyseven

New Member
Apr 15, 2003
15
0
0
Mar 4, 2004
#1
  • Mar 4, 2004
  • #1
I was just wondering if anyone has had any problems with their cars after they have installed a P.I. intake. Just curious of any mishaps.
 

phenix86

New Member
Mar 3, 2003
544
0
0
Phoenix, Arizona..i have spanked this many ricers-
Mar 4, 2004
#2
  • Mar 4, 2004
  • #2
nope non whatsoever .. i love the damn thing
 

big o car 4.6

Founding Member
Jan 3, 2002
377
0
0
dallas
Mar 4, 2004
#3
  • Mar 4, 2004
  • #3
on stock 96-98 heads?
 

phenix86

New Member
Mar 3, 2003
544
0
0
Phoenix, Arizona..i have spanked this many ricers-
Mar 4, 2004
#4
  • Mar 4, 2004
  • #4
yes
 

big o car 4.6

Founding Member
Jan 3, 2002
377
0
0
dallas
Mar 4, 2004
#5
  • Mar 4, 2004
  • #5
will it fit?
 

phenix86

New Member
Mar 3, 2003
544
0
0
Phoenix, Arizona..i have spanked this many ricers-
Mar 4, 2004
#6
  • Mar 4, 2004
  • #6
yup with some rtv and new NPI gaskets.. there are threads about it everywhere. Where have you been? haha
 

GDawg

Founding Member
Mar 22, 2002
1,469
19
68
Nevada
Mar 4, 2004
#7
  • Mar 4, 2004
  • #7
Are you talking about the manifold that has an aluminum runner? If so, that's what I have and I have my stock '98 heads. I haven't noticed any problems but my idle is a little rough. I think that just may be the fact that I have seven 9mm ignition wires and one 8mm stock ignition wire. (One of my FRPP wires broke so I replaced it with a stocker) And I probably need to replace my fuel filter too.
 

big o car 4.6

Founding Member
Jan 3, 2002
377
0
0
dallas
Mar 5, 2004
#8
  • Mar 5, 2004
  • #8
does it give good HP?
 

Trick98GT

New Member
Jan 9, 2003
246
0
0
Pensacola, FL
Mar 6, 2004
#9
  • Mar 6, 2004
  • #9
My idle is a bit rough too. I have all stock 8mm wires...i dont know if it would be related to manifold tho...
 
9

97BlackSteed

New Member
Jun 20, 2003
98
0
0
Arizona
Mar 6, 2004
#10
  • Mar 6, 2004
  • #10
The hp gains are awesome. On my car I dyno'ed 211rwhp before and 226rwhp after. That 229 number came from putting my timing adjuster at 14 degrees. The real gains were above 4500 rpm. Up at 5500 rpm, I gained 25hp/25tq. It was awesome.
 
N

ninetyseven

New Member
Apr 15, 2003
15
0
0
Mar 6, 2004
#11
  • Mar 6, 2004
  • #11
intake

thats cool, I was wondering what you guys think about this. My car is a 1997, and ford recalled the intake on the car, while the car was not owned by me. Now the intake manifold does not have the aluminum piece on it. Here is what I was wondering, could I take my car to ford and instead of them replacing my manifold with a N.P.I. piece, could I as them for the P.I. intake manifold....is there a chance that this would work? Please tell me what you guys think
 

big o car 4.6

Founding Member
Jan 3, 2002
377
0
0
dallas
Mar 7, 2004
#12
  • Mar 7, 2004
  • #12
so what do you have to do to make it fit?
 

Dan_Soprano

15 Year Member
May 7, 2003
7,410
54
129
Jacksonville, FL
Mar 7, 2004
#13
  • Mar 7, 2004
  • #13
I need to sell mine........
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

7
WTB Looking for wiring harness parts 95 gt
  • 74delta
  • Jul 8, 2026
  • Want to Buy
Replies
2
Views
103
Want to Buy Jul 9, 2026
74delta
7
J
Engine 4.6 Running rough at half throttle
  • jake411
  • Aug 3, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
4
Views
194
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Aug 4, 2026
jake411
J
R
Efi to car pcv HELP !
  • rgrendell
  • Jul 29, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
23
Views
472
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 2, 2026
Noobz347
Engine Hiccup at full throttle
  • keel
  • Jun 2, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
  • 2
Replies
31
Views
892
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jul 30, 2026
keel
J
Resolved Ford 302 damper issue
  • James S
  • Aug 8, 2026
  • Other Auto Tech
Replies
0
Views
131
Other Auto Tech Aug 8, 2026
James S
J
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?