Purchased CHP 306 Street fighter, a little confused..

bln92cpe

Dec 15, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Ok I am having a CHP 306 Street Fighter built for me and in order to fully balance it, the guy at CHP told me he needs the Romac Damper which I have and the clutch and flywheel. That means I have to have the clutch and flywheel yanked out of the LX which I didnt plan on because it will sit in the installation shop for 3 weeks which is too long and will cost money. Should I buy a new aftermarket flywheel and clutch so the 306 can be balanced? This will allow me to save $ for the 17 hour installation job. Thanks guys and any suggestions of brands of clutch and flywheel.

• Sponsors (?)

if your going with a new setup, i would do it anyway. Make sure that the balancer is the same weight as the flywheel (like 28oz or 50--which ever you get). i dont know what happens when the parts dont match, but i wouldnt try it (when i say match, i mean different weights).

N8Miller said:
if your going with a new setup, i would do it anyway. Make sure that the balancer is the same weight as the flywheel (like 28oz or 50--which ever you get). i dont know what happens when the parts dont match, but i wouldnt try it (when i say match, i mean different weights).
Thanks for the input nate, I am using a 50 oz Romac Balancer so I think I will go with a Billit 50 oz flywheel and a Ram or Zoom clutch kit. What are you using for your 331?