push button start

• Sponsors (?)

i have an on off switch already that goes to those two yellow 10ga wires that turns my ignition on when the key is in the on postion so im good there, but hey gopher, what does the starter solenoid look like? so i'll now, and please explain further on how you have it set up, like white amperage for the fuse, do i ground the button, etc? i have a 50a fusible link that i can put in there, will that be sufficient?

nevermind i got confused. now, do i put the wire from the button directly to that post on the solenoid, and ground the other side of the button, or...how do i do this? oh by the way i have a fusible link that im going to put a 15a fuse in, will it be enough?

The switched wire on the button needs to be spliced into the little wire that runs onto that little plug on the top/front of the solenoid (should be red/blue stripe color i think), use a good fuseable link (50 amps should do fine) on the wire going to 12V side on the switch. press the button and it starts.

ZephyrMotorspor said:
i have an on off switch already that goes to those two yellow 10ga wires that turns my ignition on when the key is in the on postion so im good there, but hey gopher, what does the starter solenoid look like? so i'll now, and please explain further on how you have it set up, like white amperage for the fuse, do i ground the button, etc? i have a 50a fusible link that i can put in there, will that be sufficient?
If you look at the schematic in the link I posted, you will find the info you seek, and it will be more efficient than running wire to the solenoid. If you tap into the circuit near the ignition switch, you should be able to retain the safety-switch, which is nice. It also saves some length of wiring.

You are switching relatively low amperage 12 volts to the solenoid.

Your call on how to do it. Good luck.